I'm going to start a Kickstarter so I get get posted to Europe.

What do you get in the deal? I'll send letters back about my experiences like Alistair Cooke did. Then when I die you can harvest my organs.
Posted by Foonken2 on February 1, 2013 at 6:13 AM · Report this
@1, too many gets.
Posted by Foonken2 on February 1, 2013 at 6:14 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 3
"I gave $602,868 to the Obama campaign and all I got was this lousy Portugal assignment."
Posted by Theodore Gorath on February 1, 2013 at 6:15 AM · Report this
Tacoma Traveler 4
I wonder how much a posting in Somalia costs. 75 cents?
Posted by Tacoma Traveler on February 1, 2013 at 7:05 AM · Report this
Nothing new: you can thank our seventh president, Andrew Jackson, for establishing the Spoils System.
Posted by TechBear on February 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 6
Yet all of her donations couldn't get Anna Wintour the Court of St. James.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on February 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM · Report this
When I was a little girl, I wanted to be an ambassador (I was a strange child). Turns out that was never a possibility for someone like me (eg working class).
Posted by wxPDX on February 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 8
@7, not sure that this is necessarily true. Only 30% of ambassadorships go to political ($$$) appointees.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on February 1, 2013 at 9:31 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 9
It used to only cost between $100,000 and $200,000. Of course, back then, houses cost that much, instead of the current $500,000 to $1 million house prices we see.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on February 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM · Report this
Being an ambassador mostly just involves throwing parties and making people feel important. Being a high level donor is pretty good experience for that.
Posted by giffy on February 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM · Report this