Food & Drink Comments

TVDinner 1
So happy to see the Jewel get some love! This was the first restaurant I went to when I got off the plane after spending two years in Central America.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on February 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM · Report this
cressona 2
Terrific lunch buffet at this place. Very veg-friendly. Happy to see the endorsement.
Posted by cressona on February 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM · Report this
Try Traveler's Thali on Beacon Hill and get back to me. It's #1 for Indian food if you can stand the often slow service. If you can kick back enough you'll fall in love with this place!
Posted by luvmesomeindianfood on February 18, 2013 at 12:03 PM · Report this
I'll echo that. I've eaten a lot of Indian in this town, and this joint, while not fancy, has excellent service and superb fare. Their spinach naan does not rival Taste of India, but nobody's does, and everything else I've had on the menu is top tier.
Posted by zi on February 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 5
Taste of India's and Jewel of India's website are remarkably similar. Same owners? Anyway, I can't remember which one I went to. It was my first experience with real Indian cuisine. It was a cloudy, chilly, breezy, near-rain autumn Saturday. A friend and I had just seen The Crying Game at the Metro. Before that, I'd purchased REM's Automatic for the People and the Spin Doctors' Pocketful of Kryptonite around the corner.

My friend had planned to take me out to a late lunch after the movie. We went to the Indian restaurant and it changed everything I thought about Indian food. It was soooo good on a day like that. The ambiance was great, too, and I really enjoyed the rice dessert. I'll remember that day, that food forever.
Posted by Bauhaus I on February 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM · Report this
Yes, but do they tip their employees?
Posted by midtermstomorrow on February 18, 2013 at 6:00 PM · Report this
threnody 7
Garam Masala across from Red Light on the Ave is my favorite. I had the best paneer there yesterday that I have ever had in my whole life. And they often have goat specials, for those of you into that sort of thing...
Posted by threnody on February 19, 2013 at 6:09 PM · Report this
Tandoori across the street is also a great surprise! Check out the UW student coupon book for an amazing take out feast there! (Great for a legal 4/20)
Posted by nastynastya on February 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM · Report this