What a waste of a letter. Why write to an advice columnist just to say, "I know, I know, I should totally do X. Look at me not doing X! How crazy stupid am I?"
Posted by dchari on February 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 2
Adrenaline = chicks

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on February 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM · Report this
Ballard Pimp 3
Yo, Babe--Have I got a job for you!
Posted by Ballard Pimp on February 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM · Report this
tainte 4
eh, don't sweat it. you'll be dead soon.
Posted by tainte on February 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM · Report this
"So what gives? He's a very attractive guy and he can get many girls—why won't he leave me alone?"

Because he doesn't have to? Because you say yes? Because why stop at one girl when he can have you and probably other girls? It's not really rocket science, dear.
Posted by Gloria on February 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 6
LW, I think that idea of seeing a therapist is a good one. Sure, take all Dan's advice, but there seems to be something else you'll still have to deal w/: a self-destructive streak perhaps? The only thing is to shop around, and make sure your therapist is kink-friendly.
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on February 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM · Report this
TVDinner 7
Yikes. It'd be nice to know how this one turned out. Hopefully well after she gave him the heave-ho.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on February 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM · Report this
eclexia 8
"why won't he leave me alone" has to be the question of the ages. A quick wikipedia check of "Sutton's law" might be in order.
Posted by eclexia on February 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM · Report this
Anonymous let me give you a taste of what's going to be written about you in the news in the near future if you don't get your head out of your ass already - "32 yr old AB charged with murdering 26 yr old ex-GF and 28 yr old XY who was ex-GFs current BF, AB is accused of shooting ex-GF and XY at ex-GF's residence after an altercation. ex-GF was declared dead at the scene. XY died 2 days later from injuries suffered during the incident. Police stated they had been called to residence several times in the past 2 years"
Posted by warren terrah on February 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM · Report this
watchout5 10
I do this often but without the stalking or the keys thing or what ever. It's more like, wham, bam, thank you ma'am and I've never found it to be anything but healthy. I don't really get off on the stalking, but if a lady tells me to smack her around in the bedroom, I wouldn't hesitate to oblige.
Posted by watchout5 http://www.overclockeddrama.com on February 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM · Report this
Zebes 11
Megan is the new Dan.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on February 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM · Report this
Damn, guys, give the girl a break.
Posted by Sarah in Olympia on February 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM · Report this
secretagent 13
There is no girl. It read to me as a fake letter, from a man, about an older man. Getting to the end, where he's supposedly "a female in my mid 20's", I just smelled the bullshit even more strongly. So many, many men experience their fantasies as this kind of pseudo forced bullshit.

Yes, a woman could be in this situation. However, as a woman, I know that finding a man who wants to "dominate" you and force you to give him head is like shooting fish in a barrel. You must have never fucked a man if you really think that meeting a man into pushing a girl around in bed is a rarity.

If this *is* real, she needs to move, and she knows what to do. Leave your place, inform your new neighbors and coworkers that you have an unbalanced ex, and start calling the cops when you see his car, think you see his car, or get any kind of contact. The more data the police have about his unwanted contact, the stronger your case is.
Posted by secretagent on February 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM · Report this
Nope, that's not "shit frosting on an otherwise hot cake." This guy is shit clear through, and desperately needs (okay, needed, four years ago) to get his head beat in with a baseball bat.

On the other hand, how much ya wanna bet one of the reasons she and boyfriend broke up is because Asshole kept coming around and Letter Writer wouldn't put a stop to it?
Posted by avast2006 on February 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM · Report this
undead ayn rand 15
@10: This is way more than a lifestyle BDSM scenario.

@14: But also probably because she's expressing this in other ways that she's not revealing here. This isn't going to be the only thing "off", it's far more immersive than just her private fantasies.
Posted by undead ayn rand on February 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM · Report this

If she didn't end up dead, I'd be surprised. That is what the stalking lunatics do, more often than not. I ached for this girl, reading her letter, and cringed over people on here beating her up. Mid-20's is a baby, and we all do stupid idiot things, but when it comes to crazed violent types, it's plain terrifying, and too often deadly. Here's to hoping she made it out safe.

Posted by Velvetbabe on February 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM · Report this
@13, you have your head up your ass. As a woman I can say you don't know what turns "women" on. You can only speak to what turns you on, so don't speak for the rest of us. Some of us like being dominated in bed while passionately dislike being stalked, threatened, and/or raped.
Also, newsflash, a lot of abused women DON'T know what to do about their situations, they feel trapped, and find themselves in a vicious cycle of wanting to tell people their situation and feeling like they are "blowing it out of proportion" or some variant of self-shaming and self-devaluation.
So fuck you.