Fnarf 1
I hope it's just a single motionless camera showing Yoda on stage in a comedy club, bombing.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on February 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 2
I would watch it.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on February 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM · Report this
Rotten666 3
You're citing AICN?
Posted by Rotten666 on February 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM · Report this
delirian 4
If they were smart at Disney, they'd reboot the series Knights of the Old Republic style. But they aren't that smart. People are more interested in the Star Wars universe than the stale characters that Lucas populated it with. But Disney is going to squeeze out every dollar they can from the original IP, even if it destroys it. It is all that they know how to do.

Maybe it is finally time for another Wookiee Christmas movie. I have a feeling this would turn out better than what Disney is planning.
Posted by delirian on February 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM · Report this
eclexia 5
They can just re-release Kung-fu Panda, with the panda removed and Yoda inserted.
Posted by eclexia on February 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 6
I'd rather see Po and Yoda team up to defend the Moon of Endor from the evil sand people.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on February 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 7
Get a hold of yourself Paul!

Hollywood will simply recycle the same movies over and over for decades. It's no different from what they do now.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on February 5, 2013 at 1:57 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 8
Backstory is the worst idea for any movie. I thought we all learned that with Episodes 1-3.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on February 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM · Report this
Stabs 9
There's seriously at least 10 other characters whose back (or fore) stories I would be more interested in than Yoda
BOBA FETT
Mace Windu (not likely)
Any of the other cool looking nameless jedis on the counsil
Lando Calrissian
Almost any of the characters from the KOTOR series
The poor dude whose rancor got killed in RotJ
Expanding the universe it the name of the game.
What about all those bounty hunters from KOTOR?
Posted by Stabs on February 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM · Report this
evilvolus 10
We already did the backstory for Boba Fett. It was terrible.
Posted by evilvolus on February 5, 2013 at 2:33 PM · Report this
biffp 11
Ready Player One is going to be an awesome movie.
Posted by biffp on February 5, 2013 at 2:38 PM · Report this
Yeah, none of the characters are that interesting on their own. They're all pretty stock characters - "The Badass" "The Wise Old Man" "The Wise Old Man Who Is Also a Green Alien Midget" "The Hero Who Wants To Bone His Sister" (hey, Wagner did it too). The only reason we liked the original Star Wars movies was because the stories they told with these not-very-interesting characters were good.

I'm getting less and less excited about Disney's Star Wars the more I hear about it. If they just loosely adapted some of the Extended Universe books for a new trilogy and then VERY loosely remade the prequels (rewrite Revenge of the Sith with good dialogue and then completely redo the origin story in the first two), everyone would love them forever. They could keep milking it through cartoons and videogames like they do now. Everyone but kids and fanboys ignores them, and they make a profit while not watering down the brand the same way that putting a shitty movie in theaters does.
Posted by redemma on February 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM · Report this
Lucas already fucked up your childhood memories beyond all recognition. I don't see how Disney could do any worse.

At the very least, if they make the mistake of hiring an egomaniac hack, they can fire him, which the eponymous Lucasfilm could obviously not do.
Posted by Westside forever on February 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM · Report this
Rotten666 14
@13
Licks didn't fuck up my childhood memories, in many ways he gave me my childhood. I'll never say a bad thing about the man.
Posted by Rotten666 on February 5, 2013 at 3:24 PM · Report this
Rotten666 15
Damn autocorrect
Posted by Rotten666 on February 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM · Report this
@9 (stabs) There's a back story on the Rancor Keeper in Tales from Jabba's Palace. You can read it here beginning at the bottom of page 3: http://gpnp.net/backshelves.gpnp.net/sta…

Or, buy the whole book here: http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Jabbas-Palac…
Posted by PA Native on February 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 17
@9,

I propose a Han and Lando buddy movie.
Posted by keshmeshi on February 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 18
Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm very much opposed to a Yoda back-story movie. I think one of the better things about the character is that you have no clue what his origins are, and you never will know.
Posted by keshmeshi on February 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM · Report this
Simone 19
I hope this is just a rumor.
Posted by Simone on February 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 20
Maybe a remake of Samurai 7, the anime, with Yoda in the starring role might work.

Check it out on Cartoon Network, it's OnDemand (free).
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on February 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM · Report this
@17 You've got a lot of nerve, showing your face around here, after what you pulled.

Sadly, it would end up being Miami Vice, the sequel, with Zac Efron and Corbin Bleu fighting over Miley Cyrus while Seth du Jour does gross cosplay jokes.
Posted by Sir Vic on February 5, 2013 at 4:14 PM · Report this
dirac 22
It's lovely when we can agree on something. This is a lame idea, purely for commercial exploitation of an already damaged brand. I think it's ok to reexplore myths and archetypes and the back story would've appealed to me more before 1999.
Posted by dirac on February 5, 2013 at 4:32 PM · Report this