Zebes 1
I want to read 'Throupled' as 'Throw-upled'.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on February 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM · Report this
You are free to do so, Zebes.
Posted by Dan Savage on February 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM · Report this
treacle 3
*Caveat: If non-single people attend, they will (probably) be beaten silly with buttplugs. Fair warning.
Posted by treacle on February 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM · Report this
What if you have such a boring ass partner that there will be no date night, fuck first, later or at all? Technically, yes, I'm married. I'm also tired of sitting home watching TV. So fair warning Dan, I'm coming to the show.
Posted by SeattleKim on February 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM · Report this
Without my boring ass husband.
Posted by SeattleKim on February 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM · Report this
seatackled 6
Shit. Gotta work that night.
Posted by seatackled on February 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 7
I want to come, but I am coupled. This makes me sad. I have asked around if being a single couple is good enough... We're not dating anyone right now. :(
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on February 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM · Report this
@7. If you read the fine print at the bottom of the post, you will see that Dan is teasing all us non single people. Don't be sad. Buy your tickets and come to the show. I'm sure there will be lots of other couples there as well.
Posted by SeattleKim on February 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM · Report this
They're letting me in... and I'm not single. So you're good, ScienceNerd.
Posted by Dan Savage on February 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM · Report this
bugwitch 10
Wishing I still lived in Washington. Oh well, I'll be in New York a week later; maybe I'll get lucky there? Nah, I'll probably just go back to the hostel after the shows are over.
Posted by bugwitch on February 6, 2013 at 7:54 PM · Report this
heywhatsit!? 11
Dear Faggot, will I get laid?

Signed,
Wants to get laid.
Posted by heywhatsit!? on February 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM · Report this
mr. herriman 12
I'll be there too ... not single, but I bought my tickets before I read anything about it. I really didn't know until after. I feel a little bit bad, but not bad enough to pass the tickets on to anyone else ;)
Posted by mr. herriman on February 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM · Report this
Mr Savage @9 - Yes, I was going to point out the irony of a Singles Only event being hosted by someone Very Married Indeed. Will the event be single-normative or single-centric? I actually think either could constitute a good learning experience for those with what I'd call Coupled Privilege if only the advantages ran a little more unilaterally (I know one too many elderly couples who can't afford to marry). The deck is certainly socially stacked.

But well pointed out. You have deserved your substantial royalties for the year.
Posted by vennominon on February 7, 2013 at 6:20 AM · Report this
I just had a hilarious vision. As everyone will recall that the most single person in all Austenia is Miss Bates (who was always sure that she would say three things very dull indeed as soon as ever she opened her mouth), and there appear to be a good many of the coupled persuasion attending this event, there could be a contest of Three People Very Married Indeed to determine which of the three should be deemed the Most Married of the trio. Miss Bates meets the Oldlywed Game. I'd call it twisted if I were inclined to decide upon my own performance.
Posted by vennominon on February 7, 2013 at 6:28 AM · Report this
bgk 15
Excited to see this show. My partner and I are breaking up before the show starts. :)
Posted by bgk on February 7, 2013 at 7:08 AM · Report this
ScienceNerd 16
Yay! Now I just have to talk the BF into going out on a work night. :-D
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on February 7, 2013 at 7:17 AM · Report this
watchout5 17
I'm effectively single, is that single enough? Cause technically I'm not single at all, but the notion that just because I'm not single anymore I'm somehow restricted from a sex show seems quite odd. Anything a single person can do I can do better, promise.
Posted by watchout5 http://www.overclockeddrama.com on February 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM · Report this
Wow, there are some people here with serious "couples privilege". Literally the entire day already revolves around you- STFU and let the singles have their event.
Posted by UNPAID COMMENTER on February 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM · Report this
Oh, how I wanted to get a ticket to Seattle when I heard this announced. Oh, how reality gets in the way.
Posted by Suzy Greenberg on February 8, 2013 at 6:39 AM · Report this
I'm technically not single, but I am coming all the way from Ottawa!
Posted by Jezebelious on February 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM · Report this
Listened to the podcast: WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!!
Posted by Iowan on February 19, 2013 at 5:14 PM · Report this