Anti-choice protesters are some of the scariest, short-sighted people I've ever had the misfortune of meeting.
Posted by treehugger on February 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM · Report this
Allyn 2
ABORTIONIST

I like the sign with the arrow pointing to the clinic. I had a hard time finding the local PP office last month. If someone had been standing out front with a big yellow sign, I wouldn't have had to drive all the way around the block again.

Can we get someone on that, please?
Posted by Allyn on February 7, 2013 at 9:14 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 3
Youngest mother in history - A 5 year old girl from Peru:

Posted by Urgutha Forka on February 7, 2013 at 9:15 AM · Report this
Dr_Awesome 4
Re the LAPD cop gone nutters, that's a horrific story. And it's yet another data point painting the bullshit of the "Yay, Guns!" crowd as bullshit.

There are no 'Good Guys with Guns', that's just a now-thoroughly discredited point and the "Yay, Guns!" crowd knows it.
Posted by Dr_Awesome on February 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM · Report this
Sweeney Agonistes 5
No argument about the national disgrace, as someone who voted no on 26 a couple of years ago and who made plans to get Plan B from out of state to hand out as needed.

But for the sake of accuracy: Jackson is not in the Delta.
Posted by Sweeney Agonistes on February 7, 2013 at 10:35 AM · Report this
Allyn 6
@5 well, no, but anytime one can use a Paul Simon lyric, whether or not it's accurate, one must jump (in diamond-soled shoes) at the chance and even if you've seen them all and then they're all the same. I know what I know, though I have no opinion about this and I have no opinion about that.

(Yes, that was terrible; yes it was forced. But I had fun, so: whatever.)
Posted by Allyn on February 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM · Report this
Dom if the Times is gone who will give us our local sports coverage won't be you guys.
Posted by Seattle14 on February 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 8
@7 yeah, their sports coverage is kind of spotty here. Great Mexico-Jamaica game last night and no mention.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on February 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM · Report this
Matt the Engineer 9
Can someone verify that the drone ban only applies to cops? I don't think we should keep ourselves out of a pot and pizza delivery-by-drone future.
Posted by Matt the Engineer on February 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM · Report this
@Dom:

"...who oversaw a largely secret drone program that killed an American."

Negative, it's about drones that have killed innocent children, women, men, herders, farmers and others, who have been labeled, "collateral damage" -- that's what it's about, Dom!

Posted by sgt_doom on February 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM · Report this
biffp 11
Killing an American without due process raises Consitutional question that killing other citizens does not. I don't think it's a judgement on the value of lives.
Posted by biffp on February 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 12
The LAPD is busy shooing up the town in their efforts to find one of their own, who's hunting them.

Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on February 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM · Report this
@9 and @10 Keep in mind it's also not just about "an American" as in Awlaki, but also his teenage American son.
Posted by 5000927 on February 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM · Report this