laterite 1
So she's the new Ana Faris?
Posted by laterite on February 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM · Report this
I'm going to start watching Mike and Molly because of her (too far?). She's amazing.
Posted by goodjobguy on February 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM · Report this
@goodjobguy

Mike and Molly can often be pretty good, but often suffers from the same thing as the Big Bang Theory (and most other Chuck Lorre sitcoms) in that the jokes that make fun of the characters aren't funny. You want to laugh with them and not at them. But sometimes the jokes are at their expense and just feel mean.
Posted by arbeck http://www.facebook.com/arbeck on February 8, 2013 at 9:27 AM · Report this
Joe Szilagyi 4
She was always hilarious as Sookie in Gilmore Girls.
Posted by Joe Szilagyi http://www.zombo.com on February 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM · Report this
Estey 5
She was easily the best part of "This Is 40." And this is coming from a deeply devoted Albert Brooks fan.
Posted by Estey on February 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM · Report this
cressona 6
She was in "This Is 40"?

I've got to say last season Melissa McCarthy did one of the great hosting turns on Saturday Night Live. I will never think of Hidden Valley Ranch the same way again.
Posted by cressona on February 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM · Report this
shuvoff 7
She is one of the best parts of Gilmore Girls (don't judge me) and her talent is the only reason I've considered seeing Identity Thief. Though, I plan on being drunk.
Posted by shuvoff on February 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM · Report this
Rex Reed called her "a hippo"' and a "dumptruck." Rex Reed needs to be put down.
Posted by M. Wells on February 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM · Report this
skweetis 9
The description of her performance reminds me of Danny McBride in Eastbound and Down. The big laughs in that show are when he calls little children "cunts" or otherwise behaves like an outrageous pig. But you feel that the assholery comes from insecurity and emptiness that haunts him. I remember being so surprised when he got his chance to pitch - his Casey at bat moment - and I turned to my boyfriend and said "I hope he wins." I was rooting for a douchebag that revolted me.
Posted by skweetis on February 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM · Report this
#'s 4 and 7 and I agree- fans since Gilmore Girls. Melissa has so much heart and is genuinely funny and sincere. She's a good guest, too- just watch her on John Stewart or any of the shows she's been on this week shilling for the movie.
Posted by Duvall-ite on February 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM · Report this