Cascadian Bacon 1
"But where there's equality here, it looks more like deadening sameness. And the overarching picture—of the big house overlooking all the rest—is of inequality"

Wow you should be a god damn detective.
Posted by Cascadian Bacon on February 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM · Report this
Cascadian Bacon 2
Though I do like this piece, sometimes I have my dog jump over the houses. It is the rare good piece of public art and it makes me glad that i live in Seattle.
Posted by Cascadian Bacon on February 13, 2013 at 11:35 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 3
It looks like Mudede's vision of housing density. Then, when your life is over, you're sealed inside and it become's your tomb..
Posted by Pope Peabrain on February 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM · Report this
DOUG. 4
I always assumed that piece had to do with Japanese internment camps. Did I just make that up myself?
Posted by DOUG. http://www.dougsvotersguide.com on February 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM · Report this
I always think of Army camps with the officers in the large hut on the hill.
Posted by anonymous657 on February 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM · Report this
Phoebe in Wallingford 6
Unfortunately, that lower picture reminds me of a veal farm out in Fall City.
Posted by Phoebe in Wallingford on February 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM · Report this
doloresdaphne 7
The way I interpret it, is that 'equality' was what planners / decision makers / politicans acting on behalf of the masses had in mind when they opened up the land for urban sprawl.

In our attempts to give everyone their own private castle, we have the grim monotony and isolating tombs of suburbia.
Posted by doloresdaphne on February 14, 2013 at 4:45 AM · Report this