lark 1
Good Morning Charles,
I just read the story. Most unfortunate & bizarre. Eerie that it happened on Valentine's Day as they were lovers.

Evidently, the possibility exists that it could be a case of mistaken identity. Pistorius may have thought that she was a home intruder. The same story also indicates that many SA homeowners keep firearms in their homes because of the high crime rate. It remains to be investigated.

Whatever the case, it is unbelievably tragic for Pistorius. Alas, he'll be known for this tragedy as well as his extraordinary running.
Posted by lark on February 14, 2013 at 8:07 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 2
I'm thinking cocaine.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on February 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM · Report this
Mean while, just saw this Valentine's Day post from..Boar's Head.

Because nothing says I love you more than a club sandwich on rye.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on February 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM · Report this
Fistique 4
I shudder to imagine Charles' subsequent commentary on this subject.
Posted by Fistique on February 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM · Report this
Perhaps you should also add that the victim (at least according to local media and Slate) was an advocate for the prevention of violence against women, instead of just showing her half naked. Small suggestion.
Posted by NateMan on February 14, 2013 at 8:19 AM · Report this
Sir Vic 6
@4 It'll be a while. He's busy jacking it to pictures of the dead woman.
Posted by Sir Vic on February 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM · Report this
Backyard Bombardier 7
@1: Tragic for Pistorius? He's going to court. His girlfriend is going to the morgue. I think you should reconsider just whose situation is "tragic".
Posted by Backyard Bombardier on February 14, 2013 at 8:27 AM · Report this
@7 Being dead probably sucks, but may be pretty fucking great.

Losing a girlfriend almost always sucks.

Being jailed and brought up on charges always sucks.
Posted by It's too bad she won't live; But then again, who does? on February 14, 2013 at 8:37 AM · Report this
Backyard Bombardier 9
@8: I deplore your attitude towards this event, but express grudging respect for the awesome "Blade Runner" shout-out in your handle.
Posted by Backyard Bombardier on February 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM · Report this
@1WTF??? Are you his lawyer?
Posted by _db_ on February 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM · Report this
seatackled 11
@1

Kind of even more tragic for Steenkamp, wouldn't you say?

@7

Maybe @1 is blaming her for getting in the way of a bullet.

@5 Yeah, well, I guess we should be grateful for the small favor of Charles not having posted a beaver shot today yet..
Posted by seatackled on February 14, 2013 at 9:15 AM · Report this
Rotten666 12
@8. I like what you did there with your handle.
Posted by Rotten666 on February 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM · Report this
lark 13
@7, 10 & 11,
Easy does it! Clearly, I didn't mean it wasn't tragic for Ms. Steenkamp and her family. It indeed, is far more for her and her family. But, it's a tragedy for Pistorius too. I'm not trying to be his attorney as well. Evidently, he has just been charged. Let justice take its course.
Posted by lark on February 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM · Report this
seatackled 14
Yes, of course. I know it would be very tragic for me and my friends and family if I get drunk and run over a trio of kindergartners. It would really, really mess up my life.
Posted by seatackled on February 14, 2013 at 5:27 PM · Report this