Bauhaus I 1
Not to nitpick your experience, Paul, but $10 for popcorn still registers as outrageous to me even if it's $12.50 everywhere else. Even with real butter.

I just heard Friday that Cineplex Odeon is going to purchase the Fifth Avenue and the Park Theatres in Vancouver. Two of the most comfortable, wonderful, homey, affordable theaters I've ever been in. They use real butter, too, and their popcorn is fresh and served by a very friendly staff. I't around $4.00-6.00 Cdn. As an American, it blew me away.

The owners wish to retire after many years of providing the community with a great place to experience cinema. I hope Cineplex Odeon keeps that small, friendly tradition afloat. Can't say that the experience of a corporation buying in has always been a good one, but there's always hope. All of the employees, according to the press release, are keeping their jobs. Very best wishes to all.
Posted by Bauhaus I on February 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM · Report this
It's 10 bucks for popcorn and a movie ticket.
Posted by clintboxe on February 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM · Report this
He's saying the matinee ticket + popcorn was $10 (not just the popcorn) - that ain't a bad price...
Posted by ducki3x on February 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 4
Thanks - no...that's a great price. I stand corrected.
Posted by Bauhaus I on February 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM · Report this
Dr_Awesome 5
Just saw 'Return of the Guardians' at the Crest last night for $6 for me and The Future Mrs Dr Awesome. Water and a small popcorn was $9. That's fifteen bucks TOTAL for the two of us to see a flick and get something to nosh on. We shared the popcorn, obvs.
Posted by Dr_Awesome on February 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM · Report this
wisepunk 6
If you have pre-game cocktails at rookies around the corner, bring your reciept for a free popcorn. Likewise, bring your movie ticket to rookies afterwards and get half off a free app. CC is very connected.
Posted by wisepunk on February 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM · Report this
There's two movie theaters in Federal Way and you went to the shitty $2 one and you're complaining about it? There's a reason one theater is $2 and the other is $9-$10.
Posted by K on February 18, 2013 at 4:48 PM · Report this
Free Lunch 8
Hi Paul:

So I went to the Ark Lodge Cinema link in this post, which led me to the Stranger's version of Yelp. I asked for directions via its embedded Google Maps experience, and it told me to drive there. From 6th and Pine, just above the light-rail line.

Full-on Google maps gives car, transit, walking, and biking directions, but your site only gives car. At least link to the full site if you can't embed other options. It would be more consistent with the Stranger's pro-transit ethos.
Posted by Free Lunch on February 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM · Report this
TLjr 9
@8: Learn to click.
Posted by TLjr on February 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM · Report this
My friend and I spent Superbowl Sunday in Columbia City. We ate brunch at Lottie's, had drinks at Columbia City Theater, then watched Silver Linings Playbook at the Ark. My friend pleasantly commented on the price of movie and a popcorn. The theater itself is a wonderful experience. Since the Light Rail has opened, we have made Columbia City a steady destination and loved the freedom to stretch out in our city in a way that is more convenient.
Posted by CommonKnowledge on February 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM · Report this