I did wear official black post office worker shoes as a fashion statement in the early 90's.
Posted by natalie on February 20, 2013 at 7:30 AM · Report this
Hey, this is probably not the best of ideas but I'm not going to put down this bunch coming up with desperate innovative ideas to keep their constitutionally mandated, economically important, service alive in the face of lobbyists attempts to kill it.

Posted by david on February 20, 2013 at 7:41 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 3
I thought it was Sleet not Heat. Sleet sucks.
Posted by Max Solomon on February 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM · Report this
Steven Bradford 4
Sounds like the post office is trying to run itself like an american business.

I'll give you an example of two companies that have had their key product line double decimated by the digital revolution. Fuji, and Kodak. Fuji diversified into...

Isn't that ridiculous?

It worked out well for them.
So which one should we be laughing at?
Posted by Steven Bradford on February 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM · Report this
yelahneb 5
They need to find ways to be more like email, honestly. If I could pay the USPS $5-10 a month to never bring me junk mail of any sort ever again, I would.
Posted by yelahneb on February 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM · Report this
Knat 6
This desperation infuriates me to no end. As someone who was fed, clothed, and put through college by a mail carrier - who greatly enjoyed the fresh air, exercise, socializing, ideal hours, and reasonable wage afforded by his position at the USPS - I hate that such a fantastically well-run sector of the government has been intentionally devastated by those with an agenda. Whenever some idiot conservative would start blithering about how "guv'mint don't work," the USPS was the best retort one could throw in his teeth. It still is and will continue to be, if we can just get rid of the ridiculous legislation that's intentionally drowning it.

But you all know this. Again, this makes me furious, and I have to vent.
Posted by Knat on February 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM · Report this