Phoebe in Wallingford 2
How awful about Lake Tahoe, and our other lakes. There should be an education campaign, or at least pet stores should tell customers what to do if they no longer want their goldfish and other creatures.
Posted by Phoebe in Wallingford on February 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM · Report this
douchus 3
Yeah, HER-2 is named that for a reason that actually makes sense. This is in contrast to many other things in the medical world that seem to have been named willy-nilly.
Posted by douchus on February 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 4
Frontline documentary on meth. I never knew Oregon was the capital of meth. Also interesting, how they brought its use to a halt:

The Meth Epidemic…

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on February 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM · Report this
Posted by JonnoN on February 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM · Report this
Still no post about the Seattle Times' paywall? Too easy a target?
Posted by shanes on February 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM · Report this
Hi ! I'm Martin Feldstein and please call me Marty.

I can pull anything out of my skankhole.

I'm the guy with the NBER (National Bureau of Economics Research), and other quasi-economic outfits, proclaiming that we're in a recovery (ROFL . . . LOL . . . LOL, ha haha hehe he haha!).

At Harvard, they call me the "legendary Martin Feldstein," professor of economics (guess they've never read any of the bullcrap I've published?).

What most people don't realize is that I'm associated with the three greatest financial crimes in all U.S. history, and quite probably all human history!

You see, I was a director at HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) when they were hit with the largest out-of-court penalty (settlement) for Medicare/Medicaid fraud.

Also, I was a director at Eli Lilly when they were hit with the largest criminal penalty for falsely marketing a drug which killed many people. (GlaxoSmithKline would be hit with a larger criminal penalty later, but they are U.K. based.)

The third and greatest insurance swindle of all time: I was a director at AIG's Financial Products group, which sold almost one-half a trillion dollars' worth of credit default swaps (unregulated insurance), with a potential payout of from $20 trillion to over $40 trillion, and with no capital reserves on hand to cover it --- hence the TARP funds bailout from the U.S. Treasury and the Federal Reserve pumping out over $20 trillion to the banksters, hedge funds and corporations around the planet!

Ain't larceny grand?

And remember, boys and girls, you can believe everything old Marty claims, so if I say there's a recovery then it must be true!

Remember, kiddies, only pay attention to those "real criminals" like Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, Bradley Manning and Julian Assange --- forget us financial super-crooks and banksters really exist!

Hi ! I'm Martin Feldstein and please call me Marty.

For the real lowdown on the banksters, please see the Bloomberg article and OCC report at the links below.……

For the real lowdown on the economy, please see the GAO report at the link below.

And please don't forget about the bad guys:…
Posted by sgt_doom on February 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM · Report this
Report Confirms that City Should Bargain Harder with Developers..

Breaking News ! ! !

Seattle's Community Development Roundtable, at their monthly meeting at the Washington Athletic Club, where they run the city of Seattle and environs, declared that they would get back to The Stranger on that!

Posted by sgt_doom on February 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM · Report this
ragold 9
Where is the incentive zoning report that's public according to the Times?
Posted by ragold on February 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM · Report this
Here it is, see materials linked under #2:…
Posted by lisalouh on February 24, 2013 at 2:17 PM · Report this
laterite 11

Posted by laterite on February 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM · Report this
Knat 12

Again, KNOCK IT OFF with the off-topic rants, you contemptible loon. You promised all of us that you would. But if you physiologically *must* post such tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory bullshit, don't fuck up Slog in doing so.

And Comcast is already doing the bandwidth throttling. They've been doing it for some time. Now they're just graduating to condescending notices and *admitting* they're doing it. Of course, this won't change people's habits, it will only be a bit of an inconvenience, until a work-around is devised (I hope).
Posted by Knat on February 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM · Report this
ragold 13
Thank you lisalouh!
Posted by ragold on February 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 14
Developers - just more proof that the Deep Tolled Tunnel must die.

Your days are over, comrades. You only get $145 instead of the $800 you need. Pull the plug.
Posted by Will in Seattle on February 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM · Report this
@Knat balls You want to meet me in a secluded alleyway late some night, just you and me, vagina boy?

Once again, you are required to refrain from repeating that tedious phrase you halfwitted twits and talking twats use when you can't respond factually, "conspiracy theory" --- first appearing in CIA Document 1035-960, published in 1964 in response to the shitstorm of criticism provoked by similar halfwitted twits on the Warren Commission. (From a FOIA request by the NY Times in 1976, and detailed in Lance deHaven-Smith's book, Conspiracy Theory in America, and we all know that Knat testicales can't read an entire book, now don't we.
Posted by sgt_doom on February 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM · Report this
Knat 16
@15: Wow, you sure did prove me wrong!
Posted by Knat on February 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM · Report this