yelahneb 1
"The Bicycle Thief" for a new generation.
Posted by yelahneb http://www.strangebutharmless.com on February 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 2
He took a Mountain Dew?

I bet he's a mormon.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on February 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM · Report this
"Bored and/or undeterred, another set of cameras then captures the suspect wandering upstairs, to a restricted area of the theater reserved for employees."

UI: You should place "Bored and/or undeterred" after "suspect", not at the beginning. Otherwise it mangles the meaning, suggesting that the cameras were bored. It's an error I see a lot and it's quite distracting, so I thought it worth pointing out.
Posted by Actionsquid on February 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM · Report this
Zebes 4
This is the worst Barefoot Bandit sequel yet.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on February 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM · Report this
@3 good eye (and ear)
Posted by Guest Author on February 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM · Report this
Cracker Jack 6
@3: If you spent your existence videotaping a movie theater non-stop, I'm guessing you'd describe yourself as bored and undeterred as well.
Posted by Cracker Jack on February 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM · Report this
@6: Well played.
Posted by Actionsquid on February 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM · Report this
Cienna Madrid 8
@3, I see where you're coming from although I don't agree that the structure suggests the cameras are bored/undeterred. My problem is that if you put bored and/or undeterred after "suspect," you have to add extra commas that muddle up the flow of the narrative:

"Another set of cameras then captures the bored and/or undeterred suspect wandering upstairs, to a restricted area of the theater reserved for employees."

"Another set of cameras then captures the suspect, bored and/or undeterred, wandering upstairs to a restricted area of the theater reserved for employees."

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Posted by Cienna Madrid on February 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM · Report this
Cienna Madrid 9
@3, nevermind! You are totally right and I am off-topic. Jocelyn already tweaked the post.
Posted by Cienna Madrid on February 26, 2013 at 2:27 PM · Report this
Cienna, I proposed this to Mary at slog happy hour, but you need to arrange a meeting with the Catholics in charge of local health care rules, and then show up in the avatar costume.

There needs to be a test.
Posted by Hanoumatoi on February 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM · Report this