Helix 1
Always fun to watch the ACLU go for the throat.
Posted by Helix on February 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM · Report this
Pick1 2
Working on a letter, anybody know a nice way to say "Stupid, inconsiderate, fuckwit?"
Posted by Pick1 on February 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM · Report this
slake 3
Smith, Miracle, Boryan, and Amsley-Camp voted in favor of allowing the GSA.

Posted by slake on February 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM · Report this
> anybody know a nice way to say "Stupid, inconsiderate, fuckwit?"<

Family Values Republican
Posted by SSpiffy on February 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM · Report this
Fortunate 5
This reminds me, it's time to make another donation to the ACLU.
Posted by Fortunate on February 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 6
Folks, I'm going to point out that the vote was 5-4 against letting the club form, and the article doesn't state how any of them voted. SO... err on the side of caution. You may want to go ballistic, but you might do it on one of the good guys, and that definitely won't help.
Posted by Matt from Denver on February 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 7
Whoops, this is what happens when I take too much time writing my post - I missed @ 3's comment. Please pay attention to it. Send those people thanks and support, and the others your outrage.
Posted by Matt from Denver on February 28, 2013 at 9:01 AM · Report this
Dan, it is so utterly irresponsible of you to post those names and emails without finding out how they actually voted.
Posted by Hurts your own cause on February 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM · Report this
v-man 9
Pittsburgh on the left
Philadelphia on the right
Alabama in the middle

I live in Cburg and hope the school board gets their ass's sued.
Posted by v-man on February 28, 2013 at 9:13 AM · Report this
Here's the definitive reporting on the school board action, on a local news website:

From what I can see, some of the comments on that page could use some responses.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on February 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM · Report this
seatackled 11
Hmm. So among the four in the minority are all three women on the board, while five of the six men voted for the ban. Not that homophobia is exclusively masculine, as we know, but this breakdown seems interesting.
Posted by seatackled on February 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM · Report this
Emailed.
Posted by LukeJoe on February 28, 2013 at 9:18 AM · Report this
@11 I think the word you're looking for is 'predictable'.
Posted by happyhedonist on February 28, 2013 at 9:20 AM · Report this
School law-breaking seems to be a theme of the day:

Posted by nony on February 28, 2013 at 9:26 AM · Report this
it's a few minutes out of my day, but I love writing my parent's-perspective letters in matters like this. Thanks Dan for bringing this up!
Posted by marrrklar on February 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 16
@ 11/13, some of the most vicious homophobes in recent political history were women, from Anita Bryant to that woman in Indiana who doesn't think gay people have meaningful lives to lead. Men may tend to be more outspoken in their bigotry, but you aren't going to find or predict anything else about homophobia if you focus on gender.
Posted by Matt from Denver on February 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM · Report this
Why was there a vote in the first place, if it's a legal right to have a GSA? Screw the vote, proceed young minds!!
Posted by Holoptihagus on February 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM · Report this
Why was there a vote in the first place? It's a legal right to have a GSA.
Posted by Holoptihagus on February 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 19
@11/13: Yeah, I can not think of one woman who is an outspoken bigot when it comes to homosexuality. Certainly none have ever been featured on this blog, or run nationwide homophobic groups.

I know it feels good to blame every problem on men, but it is not going to get you to the truth or make things better.
Posted by Theodore Gorath on February 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM · Report this
Pick1 20
@17 They were already active, but they were seeking official club status which allows additional benefits for the club.
Posted by Pick1 on February 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM · Report this
Message sent. Hope they get their heads out of their collective asses and make the right decision.
Posted by SeattleKim on February 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM · Report this
SoapMacTavish 22
@19 Dammit, all this time I've been thinking Maggie Gallagher was a dude!!
Posted by SoapMacTavish on February 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM · Report this
@ 10 - Loved the lesbian baby-killers argument against having a GSA. As everyone knows, GSAs foment child neglect.

Posted by Ricardo on February 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM · Report this
It is very important to the Homosexual Agenda to get GSAs in all schools to recruit new Baby Gays
Posted by Darwin on February 28, 2013 at 11:52 AM · Report this
very bad homo 25
@24 Yes, if we ban GSAs then nobody will ever convert to homosexuality! You've figured out exactly how it works!
Posted by very bad homo on February 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM · Report this
Pick1 26
@24 Almost as important as Religion needs to recruit small children to accept and love everyone else like them and judge and persecute anyone that doesn't fall within their narrow worldview
Posted by Pick1 on February 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM · Report this
@ 25 - 26 - Just imagine if the catholic church had come up with the idea of GSAs, it would have fulfilled all of its needs - gay and religious recruits! - with one simple process!
Posted by Ricardo on February 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM · Report this
After reading the whole article, I still have no idea what (geographical) state this is happening in. I will google, but this seems like an important enough detail to include in future stories of this nature.
Posted by heatherly on February 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM · Report this
v-man 29
@28
South central PA.
See my comment @9
Posted by v-man on February 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM · Report this
I'm a big proponent of reinforcement rather than just punishment... it doesn't hurt to send polite e-mails to the supporters.
Posted by squirrely girl on February 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM · Report this
[sigh] reads like the Lambda Legal Permanent Employment Drive. Send 'em some support if you can: www.lambdalegal.org
Posted by Cornellhockeyfan on March 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM · Report this
Living in this town for the past 10 years and being gay myself, I can tell you that it is no surprise they voted against it. It's not just about the gay kids though. The club is called "gay-straight ALLIANCE" isn't it? You don't have to be gay to support the cause. All of my friends are straight but show their support for me just like they would anyone else. It's about equality for all, no matter your skin color, sexual preference or religious/non-religious beliefs. We're all human beings and it's about time this town treats each other as so.
Posted by Fightforyourrights on March 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM · Report this