sikandro 1
Harvard and Broadway don't intersect--they run parallel to each other.
Posted by sikandro on March 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM · Report this
Wedgwood. Only one e.
Posted by I Got Nuthin' on March 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM · Report this
cressona 3
Glad to see The Angry Beaver has taken off. Just imagine how electric it's going to be when Seattle finally has an NHL team.

I really appreciated Chris Hansen's hockey post on the arena site yesterday. Sure, the guy's a businessman trying to make a deal, but you can't deny he's a genuine sports geek.
Posted by cressona on March 15, 2013 at 12:58 PM · Report this
And it's just Broadway, not Broadway Ave.
Posted by bigyaz on March 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 5
And it has N and S additions too. Little things like that help, because Harvard changes up on the Hill and you can be off by 40 blocks if you get it wrong.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on March 15, 2013 at 1:16 PM · Report this
The Angry Beaver was an excellent experience. It was so cool to find a place that actually puts hockey first. Thanks Megan for putting together the Slog Hockey Happy there. It was a lot of fun.
Posted by SeattleKim on March 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM · Report this
Here's hoping for more quarter-million one-bedroom condos no poor working people can afford. No more of that horrible, tenement-style, shared-space affordable housing.

Other than that, I welcome the density.
Posted by floater on March 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM · Report this
Dougsf 8
@1 They intersect at Madison.
Posted by Dougsf on March 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 9
We need hockey SROs.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on March 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM · Report this
Dougsf 10
@9 The mortgage in the situation you described is >$1,200 per month. A teacher, a bartender, nurse, a cop, a garbage collector, a social worker; hell, probably a tattoo artist, etc. could all afford that on one income. For those that can't afford it, at least they won't be competing for limited apartments with those that can.
Posted by Dougsf on March 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM · Report this
Dougsf 11
Shit, I meant @7, Floater. I have no idea what @9 is talking about.
Posted by Dougsf on March 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM · Report this
Umm... Can the Unpaid Intern read a map? Did he/she even click through to the original Seattle Times article?

Neither Capitol Hill nor the CD are even close to being Seattle's "Bikiest Neighborhood." North University, Ravenna, and Wallingford all have rates on the map about 2-3 times either neighborhood. Actually, looking at that map, the strongest pattern I see is that neighborhoods within a short ride of the Burke-Gilman Trail have the highest ridership rates. The story here isn't some weird CH vs. CD thing, it's that dedicated bike trails work.

Unless, of course, the Intern is implying that nothing outside of the Capitol Hill area is even part of the city, as so many CH residents seem to believe. If that's the case, carry on then.
Posted by lopes on March 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM · Report this
I will admit, however, that "slipping out of Capitol Hill's fingerless-glove-adorned hands" was a nice flourish.
Posted by lopes on March 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM · Report this
sikandro 14
@8. Yeah, I was wondering if they did farther south where the streets get weird, but knew the lot in question and that they definitely didn't intersect there.
Posted by sikandro on March 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM · Report this
Dougsf 15
@14 - While I thought I was being helpful, I was misreading the post as well. The weird little triangle that Harvard and Broadway make was the "lot" I thought was being mentioned, when what Unpaid Intern is talking about was a lot BETWEEN the two parallel streets. So you're right, and I guess I'm right, too (about something unrelated).
Posted by Dougsf on March 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM · Report this