seatackled 1
The problem is that there are now going to be a bunch of atheism-leaning Christians calling that number and getting talked out of the abortions they were going to have.
Posted by seatackled on July 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 2

That's me on the billboard
That's me in the streetlamp
Regretting my religion.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http:// on July 5, 2013 at 12:07 PM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 3
I'm betting that the percentage of women who actually regret their abortion is under 2%.
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on July 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM · Report this
stephanie says 4
When I lived near this billboard it would cause me fits of rage when I drove by it...daydreaming of how I wanted to deface it. Well played.
Posted by stephanie says on July 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 5
too bad the defacement wasn't permanent.

it's better to regret something you have done than something you havent!
Posted by Max Solomon on July 5, 2013 at 1:26 PM · Report this
treefort 6
That lady doesn't look particularly remorseful. She looks a little smug in fact. Like she's amused about the new message. Very well played.
Posted by treefort on July 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM · Report this
stirwise 7
So she regrets her abortion. That's too bad. Her poor decision-making skills still shouldn't have any impact anybody else's ability to control when and how they have children.
Fuck these people, I hope they can't remove the sticker without destroying the billboard.
Posted by stirwise on July 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM · Report this
venomlash 8
@2: You said that irony was the shackles of youth.
Posted by venomlash on July 5, 2013 at 4:07 PM · Report this
Some people do regret their abortions. The existence of these people isn't a threat to anyone else, including those who are satisfied with the choices they've made.
Posted by Amanda on July 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM · Report this
Red_Ruth 10
This makes me happy. I think I ranted about torching this thing the last time I drove by; this is so much better.
Posted by Red_Ruth on July 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM · Report this
Cascadian Bacon 11
Though funny, this will only feed their persecution complex.
Posted by Cascadian Bacon on July 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 12

It is a threat when it's used as political propaganda by anti-abortion groups.
Posted by keshmeshi on July 6, 2013 at 12:44 AM · Report this
Maybe everyone should call that number to let them know we're all thrilled with our abortions.
Posted by durango on July 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM · Report this
It's rather neat how the group's url can be read as "Silent -- no more awareness" as easily as "Silent no more -- awareness"
Posted by Green Lizard on July 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 15
Fuck religion
Posted by Urgutha Forka on July 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM · Report this
@12 -- People who regret their abortions aren't a threat. It's sad that anyone's pro-choice agenda would prevent them from feeling compassion for someone in those circumstances.
Posted by Amanda on July 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM · Report this
Canadian Nurse 17
@16: The church I grew up in used to encourage women who regretted their abortions that the only way that they'd experience true recovery & freedom from guilt was in working to ban abortion across Canada.

I feel empathy for women who regret their abortion. I feel animosity towards people at the other end of phone lines like this one, using personal grief to restrict other's rights.
Posted by Canadian Nurse on July 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM · Report this