So basically the Maury Show but without Maury Povich.
Posted by JenV on July 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM · Report this
@1, Yeah I thought Maury already covered this.
Posted by Patricia Kayden on July 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM · Report this
seatackled 3
Or maybe it's a CSI version of that adultery show--I think it's called "Cheaters"?
Posted by seatackled on July 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM · Report this
dnt trust me 4
"And sometimes it makes us want to throw up."

Don't know who you are referring to as 'us'. Do you have video of Goldie or any other staffer gagging on their own vomit?
Posted by dnt trust me on July 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM · Report this
jackie treehorn 5
Maury came to have a reputation for this (as Youtube documents), but it wasn't exclusively his deal, even if it's his legacy.

I'm actually surprised nobody successfully pitched this as a television show sooner.
Posted by jackie treehorn on July 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM · Report this
CC-Rob 6
Exploitation of the underclass is always a ratings winner!
Posted by CC-Rob on July 22, 2013 at 10:32 AM · Report this
mkyorai 7
Hey, you guys like them poor folks, right? I got an article right here says you love them poor people. You know any of them poors who might be willing to give up whatever remains of their dignity in the post-Bush, post recession economy? If you could scare up some of them poor folks for us, we'd be awful grateful.

Thanks,

CBS
Posted by mkyorai on July 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM · Report this
@6 Yeah, the real kicker is the line, "I am trying to reach out to the lower income communities of Washington state..."

Nothing like making fun of poor people!
Posted by madscntst on July 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM · Report this
dnt trust me 9
I was watching 'Laverne and Shirley' last night. A woman was making fun of brewery workers, sewerworkers, and a few others. Laverne, the great defender of dignity, spat out their goodness, while at the same time making fun of farmers, and people from South Dakota.

There's always a double standard in the media, Stranger included. We're in a finger-pointing-I-am-better-than-you Society. Set aside and look at the Equality from Marriage equality, and you have nothing.
Posted by dnt trust me on July 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM · Report this
treacle 10
I thought "lie detectors" were essentially bullshit.

" In 2001, a significant fraction of the scientific community considered polygraphy to be pseudoscience.[4]"
Posted by treacle on July 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 11
@10,
They are bullshit.

Polygraphs... aka "lie detectors," detect nothing of the sort.

Law enforcement only uses them because most of the public believes they're real. They're not. Lie detectors can't tell if someone is lying any more than a crystal ball can.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on July 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 12
The only show worse is Cheaters. I mean, why hit his mistress? It's him that deserves the ass kicking!
Posted by Pope Peabrain on July 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM · Report this
What #6 said. We're a sad species.
Posted by bobbelieu on July 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM · Report this