I'd guess Macklemore and SirMixaLot, which might actually be pretty fun.
Posted by tofu oyako on September 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM · Report this
Sean Kinney 2
The Hawks play today. You know that, right?
Posted by Sean Kinney http:// on September 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM · Report this
Canadian Nurse 3
It's lovely having you back! That "who deserves it" article is going to make some commenters apoplectic with rage.
Posted by Canadian Nurse on September 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 4
More than half a trillion dollars per year on the military sure sounds like the world's police to me.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on September 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM · Report this
you forgot to mention police/SWAT in arkansas shoot and kill a ------107------ year old man. Could there be a clearer symptom of this impending, dire condition? Time to go under the knife y'all before it becomes inoperable.
Posted by carsten coolage on September 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM · Report this
re: "rape culture" From what I could glean from a brief reading into this story the rape was consensual. Would anyone give a shit about this if the legal age was 15? [I think it might actually be 16 in montana, not sure] Why are my fellow liberals so fucking ham-brained? so sad. For the record I'm more of a liberal and feminist than you pussies will ever be.
Posted by only one law needed; ban monagamy on September 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM · Report this
Lissa 7
@6: what part of underage and in loco parentis do you not understand? Oh wait! Is there a 14 year old you have your eye on perhaps?
Posted by Lissa on September 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 8
I can see that you're fifteen years old.
No I don't want your I.D.
You look so rest-less and you're so far from home.
But it's no hanging matter.
It's no capital crime.

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on September 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM · Report this
Canadian Nurse 9
I wish we had more access to the Snowden documents, rather than just reporting about them. The iPhone article mentions being able to hack your phone if they have access to the computer you're backing up to. What about if they have access to a locked phone but no computer? What if you only back up to iCloud?

I know it's probably not intentional, but it seems like the average reporter is obfuscating this info almost as much as the NSA did.
Posted by Canadian Nurse on September 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM · Report this
I so agree with the spirit of that editorial on the morality of stealing, but I don't know if I have the nerve to do it or if I'd recommend to others that they risk legal trouble.

Instead I offer a different rebellion: Don't buy so much crap. Turn off the TV and stop listening to the pop culture din designed to get you excited about buying junk you don't need. Less junk = Less bills = Less time off your life needed to stay working for somebody else.

Do what you can to stay healthy to reduce the likelihood that you'll get stuck with onerous medical bills.

If you can do without the car, then do that by all means.

Don't break the bank on Christmas. I promise you won't feel deprived. Don't buy so many electronics.

Live smaller and better. The pundits will go crazy about the dearth of "consumer spending", but that's what happens when you steal the wealth of the people. No wealth? Well, we can't buy anything then! Let the economy suffer, if it's designed to screw you over anyway.
Posted by floater on September 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM · Report this
Unregistered User 11
I don't know if it's good news that the chemical weapon attack may have happened without Assad's consent and/or knowledge :-/
Posted by Unregistered User on September 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM · Report this
mikethehammer 12
@10,

Thanks, that was pretty wonderful.
Posted by mikethehammer on September 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 13
@10 It's true.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on September 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM · Report this
@10, 12, and 13: Check out Mr. Money Mustache and Jacob of Early Retirement Extreme. Practical steps to doing just that (Jacob's more extreme, hence the name).
Posted by Jude Fawley on September 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM · Report this
If reports have American-backed Syrian rebels killing Syrian Christians, then I have no doubt that they are easily as capable of being behind those gas attacks, just as easily as the CIA!

And don't forget George Carlin, that mast of the sarcastic barb:

Posted by sgt_doom on September 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM · Report this
Yeah some people deserve it, you are as misguided as ever.
Posted by Seattle14 on September 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM · Report this
raindrop 17
Whether or not Assad gave his expressing blessing on the Chemical attack do not change things in the slightest. It is his government, his army, and any subordinate jumping-the-gun wouldn't stand up as an argument in international war trials.
Posted by raindrop on September 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM · Report this
@17, other watching the TV, and robotically repeating what you hear on TV, could you offer us some actual bloody proof of what you claim?

And now, for a moment of clarity:

Posted by sgt_doom on September 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM · Report this
disintegrator 19
@5: He held two people at gunpoint, and shot at the police first, from what I hear...
Posted by disintegrator on September 8, 2013 at 5:32 PM · Report this
I am sure that the person who stole Ansel's camera made a similar self-justification.
Posted by Senor Guy on September 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 21
Why was Ansel complaining about having his camera stolen when he could just go to a store and steal a new one?

I mean, grab it and run out, like you suggest other people do, my man.

And liberals wonder why people think they are all about stealing from people. Ansel and others who think stealing is morally right give liberalism a bad name.
Posted by Theodore Gorath on September 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM · Report this
Lissa 22
@21: What ever you're smoking, I want some.
Posted by Lissa on September 8, 2013 at 8:06 PM · Report this
Sean Kinney 23
Conservatives are damaged. Something happened. Something that hurts. Hating seems appropriate. Some form of justice or recompense.

Posted by Sean Kinney http:// on September 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 24
6, please. you don't understand any of the words you use.

Interesting part of that story is the court already has a process in place, the appeals process, for taking care of stupid judges, and the ruling was basically telling him, "you've fucked up. we're not interested in you trying to fix your fuck-up. we're taking care of it, and when we're ready to smack you silly, you will by all means be smacked silly. now sit in your corner and think about what you've done."
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on September 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM · Report this
I don't understand why nobody mentions that the article about German intelligence does NOT say that Assad didn't know. It says that there was a CHANCE Assad didn't know because they had overheard on 4 separate occasions when the commander of the chemical weapons unit had asked Assad for permission to use them and he said no.

But the same article also says German intelligence was inclined to AGREE with Obama that Assad had done it because they also overheard a Hezbollah operative reporting to the Iranian embassy that Assad HAD ordered a chemical attack.

I used to scoff at the idea of Liberal bias, but as I watch how people are characterizing President Obama and his information on Syria, I'm increasingly wondering if those people have a point.
Posted by Daniel Francis on September 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM · Report this
@25 Um so because the "Liberal bias" news media is wishy washy on Obama's proposal that we bomb Syria, the media must be bias in favor of Obama. Do I have that right?
Posted by Machiavelli was framed on September 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 27
Never forget that the only people that want US forces wasted in THREE OVERSEAS WARS that 90 percent of the American citizens want ended and done ... are those who profit from the military industrial complex but never serve at risk of their own lives.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on September 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM · Report this
In case anyone cared - The total amount of the pork uncovered by the crack ST team amounts to 0.5% of the annual budget. The 4 examples of porky projects? Affordable Housing, Community College facilities, a WSU expansion, and a historical marker.

Great job uncovering the horrible truth about how the state government does... ya know... WHAT GOVERNMENTS DO by spending on EDUCATION, AFFORDABLE HOUSING, and HISTORY.

The trinity of the faith-based policy demagogues at ST editorial are waste, fraud, and abuse. Of which they just uncovered, little, less, and none.
Posted by nullbull on September 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM · Report this
Fifty-Two-Eighty 29
Stealing from "The Man" will unfortunately never even slightly affect him. "The Man" is so well-insulated from these things that his bottom line will never even change. The people who will be hurt by it, though, are those minimum-wage employees working the front counter, who will have to go another year in a part-time job without benefits. That's about the only way "trickle-down economics" works these days.
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on September 9, 2013 at 5:06 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 30
@22: Read the "who deserves it" link Ansel posted. It urges people to just steal things. So I wonder why Ansel did not just steal a new camera when his got stolen in turn. I mean, that is what he seems to think others should do, why not him?

I would also point out the massive amount of white privilege it takes to say something like that. Check it, Ansel.
Posted by Theodore Gorath on September 9, 2013 at 6:44 AM · Report this
Lissa 31
@30: Could you entertain the possibility that Ansel was trying (and failing) to be funny? I doubt he actually advocates wide spread theft, because Jesus! what a stupid awful idea. But I don't know, I could be wrong and Ansel could be that nihilistict.
My main objection to your post was you conflating this criminal act with Liberalism. Which is absurd.
Posted by Lissa on September 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM · Report this
@30: So much white privilege: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGjSq4HqP…
Posted by Ansel Herz on September 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 33
@31: I do not think stealing is liberalism, the point was that it is not hard to see why conservatives see it this way when liberals and anarchists are talking about stealing as a moral imperative. Just gives them more ammo.

@32: If you have a point please just make it like an adult. I am not going to click on your link.

But yes, it does take white privilege to just assume you can steal things and should get away with it, just like it takes a lot of white privilege to assume you can march downtown, smash windows, and throw shit at cops without penalty. Check it.
Posted by Theodore Gorath on September 11, 2013 at 7:53 AM · Report this