Perhaps they will have a "Catch an Escaped Slave" game instead.
Posted by Ken Mehlman on November 19, 2013 at 10:17 AM · Report this
I've heard they're going to try this at Western Washington University in Bellingham.

Maybe The Stranger could look into that?
Posted by GermanSausage on November 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM · Report this
Some Republican group at the UW (yes, they exist) did this a few years ago. I doubt Western will follow suit; when I was there a few years ago there wasn't even a functioning Campus Republicans club.
Posted by Subdued Excitement on November 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM · Report this
unknown_entity 4
Stay classy Texas
Posted by unknown_entity on November 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM · Report this
treacle 5
Racism, alive and well in the US of A.
As if we needed more proof. o_O
Posted by treacle on November 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM · Report this
seatackled 6
@3 Yeah, I think it was the College Republicans at UW. They also have the affirmative action bake sales and the cigar smoke out. I personally can get behind the last one and would throw in a few bucks for cigars if they would each smoke a couple of dozen cigars each day.

But now I will have to cancel my plans to go to Texas and cash in Ted Cruz for 25 bucks.
Posted by seatackled on November 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM · Report this
"I acknowledge that the decision to include issuing $25 gift cards during the event was misguided"
Garcia said in the statement.

Yes, it was the gift cards that offended people. That's the problem.
Posted by Root on November 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 8
How would one "dress up as an illegal immigrant?"

Do they seriously believe illegal immigrants only come from one country? (that's a rhetorical question).
Posted by Urgutha Forka on November 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 9
Didn't the Germans do this with the Jews a few years back?
Posted by Pope Peabrain on November 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM · Report this