...surprising that they hadn't already drawn this conclusion in as much as neither Castro brother has been taken out by drone attacks yet...ahem.
Posted by Known Unknown or Unknown Unknown? on December 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM · Report this
lark 2
Good Morning Charles,
No, I don't have a problem with that. It is Mandela's funeral after all. Diplomatic propriety takes precedence over politics/photo ops. All world leaders know this. They sometimes shake hands with demons. Sometimes with angels. I do know Presidents are human.

I'm on record as saying I would like to shake hands with every American President. Most recently Obama and Bush.

Posted by lark on December 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM · Report this
Tea Party people seem very unhappy.
Posted by Arturo Bandini on December 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM · Report this
Sean Kinney 4
lark: you a have a record?
Posted by Sean Kinney http:// on December 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM · Report this
Actually, I loved Castro's speech. Cuba was a big ally of the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa. I have no problems with President Obama shaking Raul's hand. Was he supposed to act stupid and ignore him?

T'Bagger Cruz was also at the memorial. I guess he didn't get close enough to spit on Raul to satisfy the Rightwingers.
Posted by Patricia Kayden on December 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 6
I love Obama's foreign policy of practicality over emotion. If anything, it makes us stronger and more influential.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 7
i hope to see obama end our retarded cuba embargo before he's out of office. but even democratic congresspeople (debbie wasserman schultz, for one) are just stone walling even the idea of a change.

we could give a shit about china suppressing its dissidents, but on cuba, congress is uncompromising on our sacred principles? fucking pandering. it's a goddamn half century of this shit.
Posted by Max Solomon on December 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM · Report this
of course, everyone know that shaking hands with someone means you agree with everything they ever said and is not just a polite greeting
Posted by high and bi on December 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM · Report this
What is this public relations tactic called? Where you get your astroturfers to vilify a secret ally for being the opposite of what he really is in order to trick your opponents into defending him?
Posted by PCM on December 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM · Report this
sirkowski 10
Obama rhetorically flipped off Cuba and China during his speech. Warning of people using Mandela's message while they oppress their own people.
Posted by sirkowski http://www.missdynamite.com on December 10, 2013 at 3:36 PM · Report this
OMG--the comment-o-sphere is going apeshit over this thing (and I don't even do twitter and crap like that).
Just when I think this country might possibly be getting real.
Posted by crone on December 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM · Report this