Dougsf 1
I like it.
Posted by Dougsf on December 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM · Report this
Arsenic7 2
Wow.

That is pretty great, actually.
Posted by Arsenic7 on December 9, 2010 at 3:06 PM · Report this
stinkbug 3
Would be more amusing if Viacom wasn't copyright nuts. Or maybe it's funnier because of that?
Posted by stinkbug on December 9, 2010 at 3:11 PM · Report this
onion 4
nice, but a little dry.
Posted by onion on December 9, 2010 at 3:12 PM · Report this
svensken 5
I like it. Very European.
Posted by svensken on December 9, 2010 at 3:13 PM · Report this
Am I the only one who immediately thinks of the Creative Commons logo?

Posted by Gendun on December 9, 2010 at 3:17 PM · Report this
Andy 7
Finally, a logo redesign that isn't hideously ugly. Gap, MySpace, Urban Outfitters, I'm talking to you.
Posted by Andy on December 9, 2010 at 3:29 PM · Report this
totally reminds me of Creative Commons, where the riff on the copyright symbol makes sense. I don't understand why Comedy Central is making a visual reference to copyright.
Posted by paulus on December 9, 2010 at 3:35 PM · Report this
Last of the Time Lords 9
It's okay. About the best you can expect of American's these days.
Posted by Last of the Time Lords on December 9, 2010 at 3:36 PM · Report this
@8 Seconded. This makes no sense, especially given Viacom.

@9 Kind of like how I expect unnecessary apostrophes to creep into your prose?
Posted by Jason Petersen http://fixedpoints.net on December 9, 2010 at 3:39 PM · Report this
@6 & @8, I agree. Plus having an opening on the left even calls to mind the term "copyleft", making the association even stronger with copyright issues.
Posted by g on December 9, 2010 at 3:45 PM · Report this
Typography is dead.
Posted by Westside forever on December 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM · Report this
wisepunk 13
I like it, but it isn't the right fit for comedy central. Great idea though.
Posted by wisepunk on December 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM · Report this
TheMisanthrope 14
Gap still holds the Worst. Redesigned Logo. Ever. for their redesign.

But, this is bad. Like BAD. Its dry, not that witty, not nearly as obvious as the rest of CC's programming, and rather confusing. Is CC's content now all copyright free?

Also, I'm severely tired of this minimalistic European sans serif logo crap. Gap, Pepsi, Tropicana (who went away from it), Walmart, Seattle's Best, Time Warner. Ugh. So done.
Posted by TheMisanthrope on December 9, 2010 at 4:23 PM · Report this
TheMisanthrope 15
Also, fuck the Democrat's new logo. Sans serif in the circle, slab serif outside of it, and a third font for the clogan. WTF?!

Posted by TheMisanthrope on December 9, 2010 at 4:27 PM · Report this
8Way 16
My eyes get tangled looking at it. That's funny.
Posted by 8Way on December 9, 2010 at 4:53 PM · Report this
DOUG. 17
This will look great at Jon Stewart's dude ranch.
Posted by DOUG. http://www.dougsvotersguide.com on December 9, 2010 at 5:19 PM · Report this
CharlesYFarley 18
Logos are a science, or an art... or a science. Just ask Raymond Loewy.
Posted by CharlesYFarley http://mcaf.ee/7ab9d on December 9, 2010 at 5:27 PM · Report this
Dougsf 19
@7 - Urban Outfitters is a curious major company that doesn't really have a logo, or rather, has about a dozen logos. It's probably a statement on how much they value artistic property, intentionally or not.
Posted by Dougsf on December 9, 2010 at 6:01 PM · Report this
it looks like the kind of logo you would switch to if you either wanted to make your programming more high-minded (unlikely) or you wanted to de-emphasize the logo and make the identities of the individual shows and comedians more prominent (likely).
Posted by thalia on December 9, 2010 at 9:42 PM · Report this
Knat 22
Their current logo does look kinda outdated to me, but more than that I hate the hiphop overtones to everything else. They could keep the logo for the next 20 years if they promise to get rid of the record scratches, the "tagged" look to all their art, the obnoxiously loud volume of it all, etc.
Posted by Knat on December 10, 2010 at 12:53 AM · Report this
mmennonno 23
And what's the significance of the "play on the copyright symbol"? I know copyright is a huuuuuuge theme in stand-up comedy, but ya lost me here.
Posted by mmennonno http://mennonnosapiens.com on December 10, 2010 at 5:57 AM · Report this
I like it. I have a promotional products company and have seen corporations throw so much money into logos that just don't work and can't be printed on most products. This is very functional, simple, and striking.
Posted by Jamie in Pittsburgh http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/strawberry.limonade?ref=name on December 10, 2010 at 8:13 AM · Report this
Aaron Huffman 25
I don't know... It's very bland and corporate looking. I picture a tagline beneath it that involves phrases like "business solutions" or "wireless connectivity." Also, why would you make a logo that looks nearly identical to an existing, very familiar logo? And why would a reference to the copyright symbol be so significant to the identity of Comedy Central that they'd make it their logo? I think they missed the mark.
Posted by Aaron Huffman on December 10, 2010 at 8:41 AM · Report this