Line Out Comments

cosby 1
I like how his wikipedia page leaves out the part where Rick Springfield is arrested for spousal abuse. The years of when he was on a soap opera are far more important.

Posted by cosby http://www.myspace.com/cosbyshownights on January 12, 2011 at 3:56 PM · Report this
mackro 2
Rick Springfield's "Bop 'Til You Drop" video from 1984 may be the most expensive video ever made that no one remembers...

Posted by mackro http://mackro.blogspot.com on January 12, 2011 at 4:01 PM · Report this
Jenny from the Block 3
I thought this was common knowledge. Maybe because I watch shit like "I love the 80s" on vh1.
Posted by Jenny from the Block on January 12, 2011 at 4:36 PM · Report this
As our new music editor PLEASE tell us that you already knew this but wanted to post it as a laugh.

I know he's not new, electronic, hip....not being snarky here...but its kind of like not knowing Barbara Streisand was in the movie Yentl. Or that Michael Jackson was in The Wiz. This is widely known.

Dude.
Posted by titpig on January 12, 2011 at 4:42 PM · Report this
stinkbug 5
Yeah, I thought this was common knowledge too.

But then, I probably also think other GH things like the prometheus disk and the Cassadines are common knowledge too.
Posted by stinkbug on January 12, 2011 at 4:47 PM · Report this
@1 good catch! How could a wiki page fail to mention an eleven year old arrest on a charge that got dropped...

P.S. Grant what did you do with Dan's Chris Crocker post anyway? Did you murder it for appearing on Slog?
Posted by gloomy gus on January 12, 2011 at 4:48 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 7
Wasn't he the 34th President?
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM · Report this
Of course I knew that. How old are you?
Posted by Pat on January 12, 2011 at 5:08 PM · Report this
Grant Brissey, Emeritus 9
Posted by Grant Brissey, Emeritus http://www.grantropolis.com/ on January 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM · Report this
Seriously, I must be really old as my immediate reaction when I read the question was, "well duh."
Posted by SeattleBound on January 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM · Report this
Canuck 11
Gus, I saw he punted it to line out yesterday, I think, "where it belongs"...

Like everyone else in 1980, I watched General Hospital every day after school, on the phone with my boyfriend as we discussed the play by play (yes, I was a highbrow), and always noticed Rick's perpetually glossy lips. Ew.
Posted by Canuck on January 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM · Report this
Canuck, he *said* he punted it BUT IT NEVER APPEARED ANYWHERE EVER AGAIN. It frightens me. I never got into GH during my long stretches of idleness, but I sure did get hooked on Young and the Restless once. So lame...
Posted by gloomy gus on January 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM · Report this
brian 13
80's GH was the bomb! Liz Taylor, Rick Springfield, Luke and Laura, Alan Quatermaine dropping the roof of the nursery on his wife and her hottie lover Dr. Rick Webber. Awesome stuff. It's the only reason I bothered to learn how to set the timer on the VCR.
Posted by brian on January 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM · Report this
mr. herriman 14
in the early 90s i worked with a woman, probably 30 years old at the time, who didn't know jimi hendrix was black. sometimes these things just slip past people ...
Posted by mr. herriman on January 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM · Report this
Dougsf 15
Dr. Rick Springfield is precisely the reason we weren't allowed to watch TV at my best friend's house after school, as his mom had the VCR set to record her stories and didn't want us anywhere near it.
Posted by Dougsf on January 12, 2011 at 6:27 PM · Report this
Canuck 16
gus! If you search for Chris Crocker, the link shows up about 3 down the list, but you get a "Doh! 401 error" message. I think Grant lost it on purpose because he is jealous of Slog, which is ridiculous, as it must be obvious how much we love him after Office Watch...we were terribly concerned for his well-being...what with the headless barbies and all. We wove you, Grant!!!
Posted by Canuck on January 12, 2011 at 6:29 PM · Report this
Seriously, dude, like everyone said, common knowledge. Think before you post. What's next: hey, did you know that Madonna was married to Sean Penn?
Posted by fallen angel on January 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM · Report this
Larry Mizell, Jr. 18
jimi hendrix was WHAT?
Posted by Larry Mizell, Jr. on January 12, 2011 at 8:12 PM · Report this
Canuck 19
@18 Explicit? Extroverted?
Posted by Canuck on January 12, 2011 at 8:25 PM · Report this
@8 - EXACTLY what I was going to say.

OMG I must be OLD.
Posted by sassafras on January 13, 2011 at 12:24 AM · Report this
also.....
whats more unnerving about the new music editor?

he didnt know this obvious pop culture fact?
he had to go to Wikipedia to find it?
or that for some reason he's investigating Rick Springfield?
Posted by so early to choke on January 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM · Report this
cosby 22
It seems like the people have spoken: they want more (up to date) reporting on Rick Springfield.

@6: You are right, wikipedia should only list flattering bits of history, that way we can all have a rosier view of the future. Despite how wiki would like to paint it, Springfield will always be a mediocre one-hit-wonder and probable-wife-batterer to me.
Posted by cosby http://www.myspace.com/cosbyshownights on January 13, 2011 at 9:13 AM · Report this
@2, no argument here. I think wiki should have every salacious detail, as a rule, though I try not to be outraged if they miss one or two.
Posted by gloomy gus on January 13, 2011 at 10:47 AM · Report this
dan10things 24
Rick Springfield was pretty awesome on Californication. Not knowing he was on General Hospital seems like an age thing that people under 30 might not know, 0like who starred in the Dukes of Hazzard or The A-Team, but that everyone over 30 has no excuse for not knowing.
Posted by dan10things http://10thingszine.blogspot.com on January 14, 2011 at 1:00 PM · Report this
it is common knowledge. it took me forever to figure out what the point of this post was, then i saw your comment and realized maybe wow some people didn't know that.
Posted by kentastic on January 14, 2011 at 2:58 PM · Report this
@22, one hit wonder? "don't talk to strangers", "love is alright tonight," "love somebody," "human touch," "i've done everything for you". which is the one?
Posted by kentastic on January 14, 2011 at 3:02 PM · Report this