Line Out Comments

Kelly O: I Don't Feel So Happy No More
Posted by Kelly O on May 2, 2011 at 1:06 PM · Report this
How the hell do you know Annie Hagar? Her mom taught my 11th & 12th grade art classes.
Posted by piratesmile on May 2, 2011 at 1:18 PM · Report this
derek_erdman 3
I dunno. I guess I just met her.
Posted by derek_erdman on May 2, 2011 at 1:23 PM · Report this
kittenalarm 4
"You're Breakin My Heart" By Harry Nilsson was the record my Dad put on for me in the garage of our house, late at night when I was 16 and devastated over my first breakup. He told me about how dumb and evil boys really were, and to not expect things to change much as I got older....Ever since, its been my go to song for breakups and also reminds me of my dearly departed Daddy Man. <3
Posted by kittenalarm on May 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM · Report this
it's cute. grandy just posted his breakup soundtrack like, 3 weeks ago.
Posted by ullie coco on May 2, 2011 at 1:48 PM · Report this
alithea 6
i listened to the entire murder city devils' catalog almost obsessively when i finally left my god-awful abusive ex. i listened to it because i was angry and sad, and all my other sad songs were too sentimental and romantic. this dude didn't deserve anything except a turd fedexed to him.

i forgot about this until i went to go see the murder city devils and nearly had a panic attack. all of those feelings of hate and feeling fucked up had been intertwined with those songs and i felt like i was having a PTSD episode, reliving them all.

i guess its a good thing that i tend to, rather abrasively, do the breaking up with few lingering feelings.
Posted by alithea on May 2, 2011 at 1:49 PM · Report this
And not a single person said The Wrens. For shame.
Posted by nonononono on May 2, 2011 at 1:59 PM · Report this
Rabid Child Images 8
that heavy metal parking lot drawing is the coolest thing to happen today.
Posted by Rabid Child Images on May 2, 2011 at 2:32 PM · Report this
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley, when dealing with the death of a loved one
Posted by stanofderby on May 2, 2011 at 3:03 PM · Report this
I'm not going through a breakup, but that picture of Dale Chihuly cheered me up anyway
Posted by Erin J. on May 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM · Report this
corey j brewer 11
Mary J. Blige: all her album are amazing, but The Breakthrough totally got me through a divorce.
Posted by corey j brewer on May 2, 2011 at 6:33 PM · Report this
julie russell 12
Peter Murphy reminds me of college BF and the most painful breakup ever. He left me after 3 years ON VALENTINE'S DAY for a smokin hot Brazilian folk singer(Haha...her career went nowhere). Kinda liked to torture myself by listening to Peter Murphy to see how low I could get after that one.

Bob Mould Last Dog & Pony brings me back to Jizzlick, the old guy I rebounded w/ and who liked to eat his own love lost on that one...but a break up is still a breakup
Posted by julie russell http:// on May 2, 2011 at 8:47 PM · Report this
Dave and I were just talking about that the other day, and mine was any Jeff Buckley and his was any Cure. Bittersweet would be the perfect description of how Jeff Buckley makes me feel. A few days later when Dave had left to go on tour I got a package in the mail and it was Jeff Buckley, Live at Sin-e, which I didn't have yet. So sweet...bittersweet.
Posted by Heather Jones on May 2, 2011 at 8:55 PM · Report this
julie russell 14
But if I ever need cheering up....Eazy Duz It does the trick
Posted by julie russell http:// on May 2, 2011 at 9:46 PM · Report this
That Heavy Metal Parking lot drawing is a spitting image of Kerri Harrop.
Posted by nice teeth on May 3, 2011 at 12:13 AM · Report this
alexneej 16
Jason Molina's first solo record Pyramid Electric Co. on repeat, anything by Songs:Ohia or the Magnetic Fields, and Lost Wisdom by Mount Eerie/Julie Doiron. Let the tear gates open!
Posted by alexneej on May 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM · Report this
Masi 17
anything by REO Speedwagon.
Posted by Masi on May 3, 2011 at 10:11 PM · Report this