Other Comments

Out For Delivery 1
hempfest is a waste of time until they get out of that park that is way too small.

went like 5 years in a row and last year was so terrible.
Posted by Out For Delivery on August 22, 2010 at 11:04 AM · Report this
Posted by gloomy gus on August 22, 2010 at 11:31 AM · Report this
More, I Say! 3
last year...was indeed my last year. seeing that fucked-up, shit-covered guy try to cleanse himself in elliott bay as horrified onlookers gawked and juggalos taunted? yeesh, that's enough hempfest memory to last me a lifetime.
Posted by More, I Say! on August 22, 2010 at 11:43 AM · Report this
The location is lame - a long, narrow waterfront venue with limited entry/exit points; snarling traffic from Interbay to Belltown; inadequate parking. It's one big mess.
Posted by SuperSteve on August 22, 2010 at 2:06 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 5

Anyone get stoned and jaywalk?

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://https://www.facebook.com/john.bailo on August 22, 2010 at 2:19 PM · Report this
Maverick Biceps 6
More like Juggalo Litterfest. That venue is waaaaaay too small
Posted by Maverick Biceps on August 22, 2010 at 2:54 PM · Report this
Did cops bust anyone for their plants?
Posted by Diazwatch on August 22, 2010 at 3:06 PM · Report this
those food stands must make a killing.
Posted by Chester Copperpot on August 22, 2010 at 5:45 PM · Report this
wilbur@work 9
the existence of juggalos makes hempfest un-attendable.
Posted by wilbur@work on August 22, 2010 at 6:55 PM · Report this
Lets get ripped, smell really bad, act like jackasses downtown, dress like retarded clowns who were touched by their uncles when they were little and make a huge deal about pot all weekend. Because pot is totally not that big of deal and all.
Posted by JesseJB on August 22, 2010 at 7:02 PM · Report this
What? The last I recall, you were bitching about the tie-dye backdrop to the stage & how it'd all be so much more effective if the festival dropped the tired old hippie cliches.
Posted by SeaExile on August 22, 2010 at 7:42 PM · Report this
Tingleyfeeln 12
@11, are you blind to irony?
Posted by Tingleyfeeln on August 22, 2010 at 10:00 PM · Report this
Tingleyfeeln 13
@8, it might be a killing without the excessive booth fees and a near monopoly on beverages by the festival. Oh, and since the event is actually on 2 properties (Seattle parks and the Port of Seattle) there are 2 different tax rates depending on where the booth is located, with an additional 10% fee on those in the section ruled by the Parks dpt.

Also, this event has outgrown its location, but its not like there is a better place for it anywhere.
Posted by Tingleyfeeln on August 22, 2010 at 10:04 PM · Report this
Jessica 14
Hempfest bingo: pit mix on a rope, pot leaf leis, bad Bob Marley painting, barefoot weekend suburban hippie, and this year's new entry: baby strollers. I hit bingo five blocks from the site on my way home today and it just reaffirmed my firm belief that, while I support legalization, I in no way will support it publicly with these idiots.
Posted by Jessica on August 22, 2010 at 10:51 PM · Report this
#14 nailed it.

Posted by ddecounter on August 22, 2010 at 10:58 PM · Report this
SurlyYurmom 16
I was surprised about all the people blatantly smoking pot for some reason. Although it was nice to finally find the goddamn entrance to those parks, it was like walking through a hippy shantytown. I can't imagine it does that well for the community, the area around hempfest was absolutely trashed. Thanks for spreading your filth, dirty hippies.
Posted by SurlyYurmom on August 22, 2010 at 11:06 PM · Report this
rob! 17
Hmmm.... I kinda like sweet barefoot weekend suburban hippies, don't mind baby strollers, everyone should own a bad Bob Marley painting at some point, pot-leaf leis don't rush to make inane comments on every Slog post...

The pit mix and the garbage I could do without, but really, would you feel a lot better if it was all fratboy business majors of the dominant obnoxious subspecies, or soccer moms, or something? Be careful what you wish for.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on August 23, 2010 at 12:36 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 18
@14: what idiots will you support it with? this was my 1st hempfest since nos. 1 & 2 in gasworks. seemed like more of a mall than a legalization festival, and i didn't enjoy it at all. but we must work with all these people - the juggalos, the strollers, the fat hippies, to assure that hempfest can end.
Posted by Max Solomon on August 23, 2010 at 6:35 AM · Report this
@12 - Irony? Oops, I must have been spending too much time away from Seattle hipsters, I'm out of practice.
Posted by SeaExile on August 23, 2010 at 12:22 PM · Report this
Tingleyfeeln 20
@19, maybe you have just been too busy holding Seattle hipsters against irony to get it. Maybe you just take shit WAAAAY too seriously. Sounds like you needed to spend some time at hempfest!
Posted by Tingleyfeeln on August 23, 2010 at 12:36 PM · Report this
Dougsf 21
I had something to say about all this, until I remember the last Hempfest I actually went to was in Volunteer Park. I think I just figured I knew what it was like still, and sadly, I might be right.
Posted by Dougsf on August 23, 2010 at 12:54 PM · Report this