Apr 27, 2015
commented on Eritreans Deported by Israel Because They Are Not Jewish Were Killed by ISIS Because They Are Christians
Maybe a little education would help you guys understand how this works. If you are Jewish you get to immigrate to Israel if you want to. It was central to their founding principles and remains true today. It is that way because there is a long history of people killing Jews wholesale. So this is the place they can go when that happens.
If you are not Jewish you have to through an immigration process, just like you do in the USA. They are a small country surrounded by people who want them obliterated from the face of the earth. Those countries are now in turmoil and are creating refugees by the tens of thousands. Israel, like the United States, follows a set of rules and determines who can stay. These guys sadly did not pass that test. They then decided their next best option was to travel through ISIS territory. They were caught and executed.
Your racism is showing when you draw these bullshit conclusions because Israel is tangentially involved with an awful incident.
Nov 26, 2014
commented on I Love Television
I'm giving you a pity click, because you have a hell of a lot to learn about writing clickbait headlines.
The 10 best ways to get great abs approach is ok, but somewhat dated.
Try some of this kind of thing:
"I watched the worst movie on lifetime and you won't believe what happened next (in bed)."
Practice makes perfect.
Nov 6, 2014
commented on Guest Editorial: The Pay's the Thing
Is this native advertising or an editorial? Was there a point or perspective buried somewhere in that boilerplate political puffery?
@1 Your suggestion sounds so much better, but what wouldn't be better than another recruiter charged with collecting more EEO data.
I was looking for another reason to hate politicians because I really just didn't have enough. So thanks for that anyway.
Oct 31, 2014
commented on Guest Editorial: How Metro-Funding Prop 1 Moves Us Toward the Bus System We Deserve
If you want people to vote for a tax to fund buses I think you need to at least address the following issues:
1. Is there a funding problem because there are too few riders (i.e. buses are riding around half empty)? If that's the case then why provide more supply for insufficient demand?
2. Why not increase the fares? I understand it is a regressive tax but so is the proposed tax. Would a fare increase have any impact on ridership? The cost of gas has gone up a lot so transport is more expensive, why shouldn't buses be too?
If you want me to vote for something you really need to address the core concerns of a person who is for public transport but wary of the idea that you can tax your way to a solution.
Oct 27, 2014
commented on Why Americans Fear Ebola and the ISIS
So I assume you are pro nuclear because it kills very few people despite the fear and it is the only viable alternative to climate damaging fossil fuels for the foreseeable future.
Oct 23, 2014
commented on Social Justice for Jose Antonio Vargas
I could use some clarification on a couple of points:
1. How can you be an American citizen and yet not recognized as such by the US Govt? They have some pretty clear rules about that. He may be an American in spirit but he isn't in fact.
2. Why do you think all these people (rich and poor) want to come to the USA if it's truly the racist, capitalist hell hole you seem to think it is?
Thanks for your help on this.
Jun 11, 2014
commented on President Obama on the Recent Shootings
Don't make the mistake of thinking these 2nd amendment people are stupid or uneducated. I know a few of them and they are some of the smartest people I know - and when I found out they held these apparently insane views I was even more scared. I could no longer dismiss them as idiots.
The ones I talked to are afraid of the government and with the recent Snowden revelations they feel they have been given sufficient evidence. Thinking they can take on the US Military with their stockpiles seems a little crazy, but they feel they need to provide a deterrent.
I've tried explaining that the only people who have toppled very powerful governments have done so through non-violence a la Ghandi, but that fell on deaf ears.
Don't think they are stupid. They are not. They are just angry and feeling helpless as the US changes around them and they feel increasingly marginalized.
Apr 14, 2014
commented on The SECB Is Vulgar, Offensive, Impaired
I have to agree with Walt. I don't have a problem with so-called profanity so much as:
1. Use it effectively. You guys are the equivalent of the buzz word bingo guys at software companies who use words like "pivot" or "disrupt". The words lose their meaning/power when they are sprinkled everywhere for no apparent reason.
2. Telling another group to go fuck themselves is never much of a reason to vote for something. If that's the best you can do I can see why people would vote against it.