Dec 19, 2012 deliah joined My Stranger Face
Dec 19, 2012 deliah commented on Savage Love.
A good place to start is the website of the Australian Psychological Society:…

Not all psychologists in Australia are listed - as you don't have to be a member of the APS to practice in Australia (although you do have to be registered with the national body, AHPRA). But this is a great resource to start with to find psychologists who deal in specific areas.

You may also wish to talk to your GP - who may know of an appropriate psychologist in your area they can refer you to - and in going through your GP you may be able to get the sessions covered under Medicare.

You don't have to disclose to either your parents or your GP the specifics about why you'd like to see a psychologist - you can be more basic and say that you'd like to work through some things/worries, with a psychologist, that have come up for you as a result of the childhood trauma.