Home of the Whopper.

George H. Ruth
report this user
Aug 7, 2013 George H. Ruth commented on McGinn, Sawant, and O'Brien Trend Up in Late Ballots.
Ah yes, the gap bewtween Murray and McGinn widening is SUCH a big win for McGinn.
Aug 7, 2013 George H. Ruth commented on Ed Murray: "I Am Not Running to Be a Progressive Mayor of Seattle".
The zealous over-analysis is strong with this one. OMGURRRD he tried to make the point that doesn't want to go so whole-hog ideological that he alienates much of the city! Let's twist that around as much as possible because we're effectively a Mike McGinn newsletter!
Aug 1, 2013 George H. Ruth commented on People (Who Work) for Ed Murray.
Uhm, so? Talk about a reach by Goldy... "Some guy with nothing to do with the campaign but knows Ed through a different job supports him!" Boy, I hope no one peripherally involved with the CBC or City have anything to do with McGinn's PAC, which I'm sure Goldy checked, right?
Jul 23, 2013 George H. Ruth commented on Why I'm Not Voting for Ed Murray.
Really Goldy? There's nothing else you can think of? How about almost single-handedly preserving funding for the Building for the Arts grants, or doubling the size of the Housing Trust Fund?
May 29, 2013 George H. Ruth commented on Anyone but McGinn?.
@10 There's a $700 spending limit, there's no such thing as a "major donor." No random donor is making much of a difference in this race.
May 23, 2013 George H. Ruth commented on Despite Having a Leg Up, Ed Murray Still Loses 36th District Dems.
What these comments seem to be missing, is that Murray still had by far the most support of any candidate. Just because he didn't reach a threshold that none of the candidates are reaching by themselves, doesn't change the fact that he's been showing quite well relative to his competition.
May 22, 2013 George H. Ruth commented on 43rd District Dems Endorse Ed Murray for Mayor.
@1 and @ 8 Christ, can Steinbrueck supporters please learn how a poll works? Steinbrueck wasn't "ahead by a very large margin" he's beating Murray in the poll by 2%, which is LESS THAN HALF OF THE MARGIN OF ERROR. And that 2% is EXACTLY THE SAME margin as the poll from March, when you look at the (obviously more important) "without Ron Sims" responses. Right now Steinbrueck is the "odds on favorite" to duke it out with Harrell for 3rd in the mayoral race.
May 13, 2013 George H. Ruth commented on Senator's Illness Gives Dems Chance to Seize Back Control of State Senate; Fate of Reproductive Parity and State Dream Acts Hangs in the Balance.
@11 Sure seemed to cave on that big tunnel. Sure seemed to cave with the city attorney. McGinn isn't a badass, he's a blowhard.
Apr 26, 2013 George H. Ruth commented on What Does Ed Murray Have Against Rail in Seattle?.
@37 You seem to have myself and Murray confused with grkle and McGinn.
Apr 26, 2013 George H. Ruth commented on What Does Ed Murray Have Against Rail in Seattle?.
"@27 I think we'd all love for Olympia to lavish cash on Seattle. But as long as Seattle represents just 9% of the overall state population it ain't gonna happen without the support of at least some of the other 91%. Murray doesn't get that. McGinn does."


Just speechless. Yes, McGinn is the one who understands state politics. Not the guy who was unanimously picked by his peers in the STATE Senate to lead the party. How you McGinn lackeys think you're making real points is beyond comprehension.

All contents © Index Newspapers, LLC
1535 11th Ave (Third Floor), Seattle, WA 98122
Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Takedown Policy