commented on Let's Put an Assault-Weapons Ban on the Ballot
I would be against a ban ... but I know gun owners who are responsible who will never vote for this if it outright bans anything. After discussing options with them we agreed on the following:
Better ideas for a "Safer Washington" initiative.
1. close the gunshow loophole
2. REQUIRE trigger locks for all firearms
3. REQUIRE gun safes for all firearms
4. Fines if robbed and access to firearms was not prevented by item 3
5. Give local jurisdictions the ability to create limited, specified zones where firearms could be prohibited (like the Seattle Center)
6. (optional) require some form of insurance (like car insurance) ... own a gun ... have insurance to pay for any/all damage they might cause to third parties. (this can be used to fund other aspects of the initiative like the trigger locks).
Something like this would most likely be agreeable to most responsible gun owners and those generally opposed to them in general
commented on The Wednesday Morning News
actually ... I believe they have discovered that the "horse meat" is actually "donkey meat" ... not that it makes it worse or better ...