Sorry! We're not taking any more submissions!
The Fourth Annual Stranger Gong Show
Saturday, May 1st
Talent sign-ups at 8 pm, show starts at 9:30 pm
at The Crocodile
Brought to you by Pabst Blue Ribbon!
Hello, superstars! We're looking for entertaining and unique acts for the fourth-annual Stranger Gong Show with your host, David Schmader. Like every year, each act will have a minimum of 45 seconds and a maximum of four minutes to perform and try not to get gonged by our panel of judges.
What kind of acts are we looking for?
Oh, you know—jugglers, magicians, jug bands, tap dancers, strongmen, yodelers, standup comics, sword swallowers, contortionists, slam poets, marching bands, mimes, bird callers, puppeteers, tuba players, hula-hoopers, comedy skits, chanteuses, ventriloquists, clog dancers, celebrity impersonators, Butoh dancers, vaudeville acts, burlesque dancers, accordionists, air bands—and any other unique and entertaining acts.
- $300 CASH!
- Full weekend Capitol Hill Block Party Passes!
- Passes and membership at Northwest Film Forum!
- A pair of tickets to Hump!
- A pair of tickets to SIFF Seattle's Int'l Film Fest!
- A pair of tickets to Teatro Zinzanni!
- Stranger t-shirts and swag!
- PBR swag!
- Hidden Hand Tattoo gift certificate
- Gift Certificates to Cupcake Royale!
- Boom Noodle gift card!
- Andaluz Gift certificate!
- Piecora Gift Certificate!
- Gift bag from Fantagraphics!
- Choice Organic Tea sampler!
- One Day Art Show/Party at Vermillion!
- A Pair of Sexy Shoes from Experience!
- Uli's Sausage Gift Certificate!
- 5 Dozen Donuts from Mighty O Donuts!
- A pair of tickets to On the Boards!
- A gift bag from Retail Therapy!
- Veraci Pizza gift certificate!
- Sweet Iron Waffles gift certificate!
- A pair of tickets to David Sedaris!
- A pair of tickets to Ira Glass!
- A pair of tickets to SAM Remix!
- Gift Certificate to Snoose Junction!
- Gift certificate to Long Provincial
- A prize from Edgar The Store
- Super Deluxe dinner for two at Bizarro!
- A goodie basket from Snoqualmie Falls Brewing!
- A gift certificate to The Lookout!
- Gift certificate to Blue Sky Cleaners!
- A gift bag from Atomic Boys!
- A gift certificate to Euro Indoor Grow!
- A softglass waterpipe from Piece of Mind!
- A gift certificate from Madame K's!
- Passes to Cinebarre!
There are two ways to sign up for participation:
- You can fill out the form on this very page.
- You can show up the night of the show on Saturday, May 1st, at The Crocodile (2200 2nd Ave). Talent sign-ups will start at 8 pm. The show starts at 9:30 pm.
- Because of fire laws, we can have no fire acts at the Gong Show.
- Also, because it's at a bar, we can have no one under 21 performing.
- Acts need to be simple. We'll provide a single mic and an amp.
- Setup time must take less than two minutes.
Rosemary Schmader! (Dave's Mom!) Kerri Harrop! Larry Mizell, Jr! Jason Miller! Riz Rollins!
Not sure if your act is right for the Gong Show?
If you have more specific questions that haven't been answered and that require a live human being, feel free to call Caroline at 206-323-7101, extension 3044.
Last Year's Gong Show
Last spring at Chop Suey it was a hot and sweaty 90-minute tornado of talent... packed with filthy sign language, a coke-snorting Mary Poppins, and a judge wig made out of tampons. Oh, and someone flashed their actual butthole.
The Stranger's First-Ever Gong Show
In 2007 at the Crocodile, a whole bunch of people came together to make the first-ever Stranger Gong Show a mind-blowing success. Read about it and watch the video: