How to Talk About Marriage Equality
- How to Talk About Marriage Equality
- Phone-Banking for Marriage Equality
- Frank Schubert Always Comes from Behind
- Referendum 74 Is Drawing Support from Corners You Might Not Expect
- Straight College Students Try to Wake Up the Gays
- How I Got Grandma to Talk About Gay Marriage
- If Love and Justice Don't Sway You, How About Some Gay Marriage Cash?
On November 6, Washington has the chance to make history as the first state to uphold same-sex-marriage rights at the ballot box. Besides voting to approve Referendum 74, what can you do to help make this dream a reality? You can read the following pages to get up to speed on the latest political intrigue—the creep who's coming to town to fill the airwaves with anti-gay nonsense, the homos who don't even know this vote is happening, the grandmas who can still be swayed. Most of all, you can start having conversations like the ones we misanthropes at The Stranger have been forcing ourselves into. Drunk conversations, "courageous conversations," conversations about cold, hard cash. This fight can't be won without lots of people talking to ambivalent and undecided voters, so let's go. Starting with a refresher course in...