LAY OF THE LAND: Belltown
Home To: Sexy upper-income city folk, and the sexy hipster workforce staffing their cafes and boutiques
- Sexual Real Estate: Houses, Apartments, and Businesses that Provoke Fond Sex Memories and Mortifying Regrets
- LAY OF THE LAND: Fremont: Home to: Artsy free spirits, crafty kooks, non-homeless hippies
- LAY OF THE LAND: Ballard: Home to: Aging hipsters with alt-country sympathies, homesick Norwegians
- LAY OF THE LAND: Queen Anne: Home to: Young professionals turned off by the hype and noise of Belltown, professional artsy types drawn into the arts vortex (Intiman, Seattle Rep, opera, ballet, On the Boards, EMP)
- LAY OF THE LAND: Capitol Hill: Home to: Gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgendereds; artsy straights who don't mind being sexual minorities (or at least equals)
- LAY OF THE LAND: Downtown: Home To: Out-of-towners, noisy street revelers, colorful hobos
- LAY OF THE LAND: Belltown: Home To: Sexy upper-income city folk, and the sexy hipster workforce staffing their cafes and boutiques
- LAY OF THE LAND: U-District: Home To: The young and horny; the aged and predatory
- STDs, Babies, and Rape: Where to Turn When Things Go Wrong
Belltown Billiards (90 Blanchard St): If this joint's commercials are to be believed, the place is routinely packed with easy chicks tossing back two-for-one cocktails while waiting for guys who watch late-night cable TV to come relieve them of their horniness. Recommended!
The Crocodile (2200 Second Ave): From the band room to the food booths to the back bar, the Croc's dog run creates a natural circuit of seeing and being seen, greatly aiding fucking and being fucked.
Le Pichet (1933 First Ave): This stylish eatery/drinkery boasts all the sex appeal of France, with none of the smelly frogs.
Shorty's (2222 Second Ave): Keith Bacon put it best: "Pinball is sexy and sex-like, the close-quarters machines in the back practically force you to interact with other singles, and 'Can I play with you?' beats any other possible pickup line." The addition of hot dogs makes Shorty's the most sex-drenched cube of air this side of Abu Ghraib.
Off-Leash Dog Area (Third Ave at Bell St): Formerly known as "Junkieville," this li'l city park has been gussied up into a sweet off-leash area, perfect for exploiting the natural attraction of possessing a cute dog, or being nice to someone else's.