Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Friday, May 7, 2010

Rekers' Rentboys: How Many Well-Hung Skeletons Are In His Closet?

Posted by on Fri, May 7, 2010 at 1:21 PM

At least two that we know of now:

When I was young, and down and out, and in desperate need of income, I did some things that I’m not particularly proud of. I was a whore. I used gay magazine ads and a beeper to generate my clientele, which consisted, mainly, of married men. I had my specific limitations, and my rules were very strict. I never kissed, sucked dick, or got fucked. No matter how poor I was, I was not about to risk getting an STD that I couldn’t afford to get rid of. Here’s the shocker. One of my clients was none other than Professor George Rekers. I had no idea, until this story broke, that this man was the anti gay activist that he is. Now that I am aware of the damage he has caused the LGBT community, I realize that it is my responsibility to set the record straight.... I don’t care what the world says. They can call me a liar. They can call me a faggot. They can even call me a whore. What you can’t call me is a hypocrite. This is one situation in which I definitely take the side of the rent boy. This young man was just doing his job. He didn’t ask to get his picture taken or to be publicly outted. If you want to come after someone who knows that George Reker is a closet case, bisexual man who hates himself and everyone else like him, then you can take my word for it. I’m no longer for rent, and I’m not a boy, but I’m no coward. George Reker is the worst kind of coward, and I hope that others like me, who know this well, will come forward and share the truth about him.

Drip, drip, drip—how many more are there, George?

Baconcat 1
Drip, drip, drip.

NO DAN, BAD. BAAAAAAD. BAD! WE DO NOT USE THAT METAPHOR FOR SEX SCANDALS.

Grant! Swat him with a rolled up newspaper for me!
Posted by Baconcat on May 7, 2010 at 1:23 PM · Report this
Confluence 2
I love this story. So fun! Keep the details "coming" (heh heh..)
Posted by Confluence on May 7, 2010 at 1:36 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 3
What? You mean this wasn't the first and only rent-boy Rekers has ever used in his entire life? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!
Posted by Reverse Polarity on May 7, 2010 at 1:40 PM · Report this
sepiolida 4
"I never kissed, sucked dick, or got fucked."

what the fuck did he do that was worth paying for?
Posted by sepiolida on May 7, 2010 at 1:40 PM · Report this
Um... there's a lot that he could've done even with those carve outs. Erotic massage, getting his dick sucked, doing the fucking, being rimmed, BDSM, etc.
Posted by Dan Savage on May 7, 2010 at 1:46 PM · Report this
@4, my guess is some version of the Lucien Long-Stroke?
Posted by lily on May 7, 2010 at 1:46 PM · Report this
This Chazonator person you link to seems quite authoritative and straightforward for a self-described "Singer-Songwriter-Video producer-Equality activist-parent-friend-lover-real person."
Posted by gloomy gus on May 7, 2010 at 1:49 PM · Report this
mixy 8
What's up with the Ted Haggard mention??
Posted by mixy on May 7, 2010 at 1:54 PM · Report this
Oh please let it be a Tiger Woods type of thing, pleasohpleaseohplease...

Kudos to this guy. He could have stayed quiet and no one would have been the wiser, but he choise to stand up. Well done.
Posted by Lynx on May 7, 2010 at 1:55 PM · Report this
sepiolida 10
huh, yeah a lot of massage in this case.

Dan, I noticed that means he would pretty much only be topping. Do you think most guys who hire whores like to bottom? Or most closet cases...
Posted by sepiolida on May 7, 2010 at 1:56 PM · Report this
Sepiolida, in the good old/bad old days of the late 70s when I was a teenager and reading up everything I could find on homosexuality, what I read of sex work at the time was that street workers, at least, were universally straight (or said they were) and rules of no kissing or bottoming were standard. I also read that this was often negotiable despite the public claims. Today, of course, male sex workers are more likely to be openly gay.

It's also generally considered to be the case that 100% bottoms vastly outnumber 100% tops and versatile men. Don't see why that wouldn't be equally true of men who hire.
Posted by RealityBites on May 7, 2010 at 2:11 PM · Report this
Ness 12
I'll say it again... I would really like to be friends with Baconcat.

I'm also really glad I'm not friends with Rekers. Although, it would be a lot of fun to be able to witness this shit storm he has unleashed on himself. Heh heh heh, karma's a bitch. Oh, and I'm assuming that by saying "...I'm not a boy" the writer of this letter meant that he's a man?
Posted by Ness http://www.collegecandy.com/author/nessfraser on May 7, 2010 at 2:19 PM · Report this
Irena 13
Rekers is, as Jo-Vanni said, a strange man. He never had an orgasm during these massages, even though he was "hard as a rock". I'm guessing he can't -- he must masturbate later. Seriously repressed and desperate.

BTW, Dan's going to be on CNN tonight with Roman and Anderson Cooper:
Posted by Irena on May 7, 2010 at 2:21 PM · Report this
You Look Like I Need A Drink! 14
I think Rekers will be the new poster boy for closeted Anti-Gay hypocrites...

And, ummmm, Dan?

Let's hear more about the "Well-Hung" part you mentioned...
Posted by You Look Like I Need A Drink! on May 7, 2010 at 2:24 PM · Report this
Don't buy this new guy's story. Sounds like a wanna-be to me. Wish it wasn't.
Posted by Yeek on May 7, 2010 at 2:24 PM · Report this
wench 16
Anyone catch this bit? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

Before I describe my encounter with Rekers, in as much detail as possible, I want to make something very clear. I am not Mike Jones. I met Rekers one time only. I am not planning to write a book or do a one man show about my experience with him. I just want to clear the air and point out his hypocrisy, and that of those who are currently attempting to cover for him. Furthermore, Rekers is no Pastor Ted Haggard. Those who know me are aware that Ted Haggard has become a friend of mine. I believe Ted Haggard is a faithful husband to his wife. He is a dedicated Christian, and he is no enemy of gays. Ted Haggard has apologized, extensively, to the LGBT community for any intolerance of us that he caused before he was outted by prostitute Mike Jones. Yes, it’s a small world, friends, but not small enough to equate me to Mike Jones or Ted Haggard to George Rekers. With that in mind, here’s what happened.
Posted by wench on May 7, 2010 at 2:38 PM · Report this
thatsnotright 17
Rekers must tell himself that if he doesn't come during the session then he is not having actual sex.
Posted by thatsnotright on May 7, 2010 at 2:49 PM · Report this
Oh! Then I'm a virgin!
Posted by momof3 on May 7, 2010 at 3:01 PM · Report this
I don't know. This guy could be very much on the up and up but, being the non-paid man-whore that I am, I can barely remember the people I had an "encounter" with 6 months ago. You mean to tell me that this whore remembers all those details from years ago? I hope he is telling the truth. And I hope more come clean about it if there are indeed others out there. I would suggest we exercise caution in accepting those claims.
Posted by brokn2pieces on May 7, 2010 at 3:19 PM · Report this
john t 20
Dan you should dig around a bit on the rest of this guy's blog before you bet too much on his credibility — he doesn't seem very reliable.
Posted by john t on May 7, 2010 at 3:36 PM · Report this
beckysharp 21
I'm with @9. I hope the roof falls in on Rekers.
Posted by beckysharp on May 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM · Report this
Vince 22
I mean, after Haggard and Craig and the Ca. Sen.(I forgot his name) ad nauseum have been exposed, Reker is cooked.
Posted by Vince on May 7, 2010 at 3:59 PM · Report this
Tomec 23
Posted by Tomec http://www.GayTalkRadio.org on May 7, 2010 at 6:23 PM · Report this
sepiolida 24
@11 thank you. i did not know that. : )
Posted by sepiolida on May 7, 2010 at 9:20 PM · Report this
"Sadly, this mans teachings pushed many folks to suicide. And obviously, Rekers himself is in dire need of professional help. The human tragedy in this is sickening."

I'm glad someone mentioned this. Haggard may be a pathological liar, but his anti-gay resume doesn't begin to compare to Rekers' (and Dobson's). In many cases the suicide rates of NARTH and similar groups are higher than their "success" rates. It amounts to organized genocide.

In most civil rights struggles, the final attempts to stop them were the most heinous, and/or ridiculous. This is no exception.
Posted by scooch on May 8, 2010 at 12:37 PM · Report this
OutInBumF 26
Out them all, and let their pasty, oily, lily-white skins fry in the lard of their own hypocrisy.
They can never pay enough for the lives they've destroyed and the misery they've caused. Funny- you never see the Ted Haggards, Rekers, Craigs, etc of the world committing suicide, which is the only 'repentance' these gas-bags could do that would be enough.
Posted by OutInBumF on May 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM · Report this
Gay men are so weird. Can you imagine a female prostitute being able to set those rules?

On the other side. why aren't all gay men prostitutes if you can get away with this? If I could have women pay me to suck my dick, is there some reason I wouldn't do that? Dear Penthouse forum....
Posted by Learned Hand on May 9, 2010 at 6:11 PM · Report this