Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Monday, September 19, 2011

I Don't Watch Award Shows

Posted by on Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:01 AM

But I do enjoy watching the gayer-than-empty-lube-bottles opening numbers the next day on YouTube.

It went on waaaaaay too long. Way too long. I love Jane Lynch but it eventually got too hammy to even be chuckle-worthy by the end there. Especially the part where she goes after herself as her Glee persona Sue- mostly because I agree with Ms. Sylvester's case and not all all with Lynch. It just felt like a half-hearted attempt to poke fun at itself and instead accidentally came off as a genuine self-love mastubatory speech.

However! Some bits were great- especially with the fantastic (as always) Mr. Nemoy.
Posted by Aedan Robinson on September 19, 2011 at 9:35 AM · Report this
John Horstman 3
Hey, Dan, aren't you always talking about how most anal sex is straight anal sex? And you know, of course, that people use lube for vaginal and manual sex as well. What's gay about empty lube bottles again?
Posted by John Horstman on September 19, 2011 at 9:35 AM · Report this
I half thought the second half of your headline would be "...I appear on them". (Speaking as one of the flying monkeys who waited through five thousand other recipients to hear your Webby acceptance, all the while we liveslogged something or other...)

I loved one of Jane Lynch's lines highlighted by an LA Times blogger, one of her presenter introductions, something like: "Some people wonder why I'm a lesbian. Ladies and gentlemen, here to present the next award, the cast of Entourage."
Posted by gloomy gus on September 19, 2011 at 9:48 AM · Report this
Nimoy wouldn't do more Fringe episodes but he'll do this? Hmm. Also, FYI, this was the bit Alec Baldwin pre-taped but dropped out of because Fox cut a Rupert Murdoch joke.
Posted by g on September 19, 2011 at 9:51 AM · Report this
bugwitch 6
Eh...some of it was okay. I agree, Dexter for Father of the Year! The Mad Men skit was cute. That's about it actually.
Posted by bugwitch on September 19, 2011 at 11:52 AM · Report this
michael strangeways 7
Too long, but Jane is adorable and the Mad Men part was good.
Posted by michael strangeways http://www.seattlegayscene.com/ on September 19, 2011 at 12:43 PM · Report this
that silver dress was totally wrong for her
Posted by truck on September 19, 2011 at 1:13 PM · Report this