Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Herman Cain Will Endorse Anybody

Posted by on Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:19 AM

First, Herman Cain endorsed all of the American people for president. Then he narrowed his endorsement down to Newt Gingrich last weekend. But then he mentioned in his Today show appearance this morning that he'd endorse Mitt Romney, too, because why not?

I have said, whoever gets the nomination, I will support. The process is what it is. And yes, there’s going to be competition amongst the candidates all the way up. But I am committed to support whoever gets the nomination,” Cain said on NBC’s “Today” show.

Asked if he would be comfortable with Romney being the GOP nominee to take on President Barack Obama, Cain said, “Yes, I could be very comfortable with Mitt Romney.”

Herman Cain clearly doesn't know how endorsements are supposed to work. He also confuses mortality with female fertility. Here's what he said when he was asked if he'd run for president again:

My biological clock is ticking. And I don’t want to spend too much more of my biological clock running for president and being beat up,” he said.

Herman Cain is a fucking idiot.

Fifty-Two-Eighty 1
Yep. No argument with that.
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on January 31, 2012 at 10:24 AM · Report this
Zebes 2
His biological clock is ticking?! Hurry up, Cain! You'll miss your chance to know the joys of motherhood.

Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on January 31, 2012 at 10:26 AM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 3

The Insider Advantage poll is interesting:

It has Gingrich ahead by a long margin for the very young, 54.2% to 7.0% for 18-29 year olds. Gingrich also leads by 13 points among Hispanics.

Newt definitely loses among female voters, but Romney loses by nearly as much among males!

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on January 31, 2012 at 10:27 AM · Report this
maybe all the republican candidates secretly want a uterus.
Posted by natalie on January 31, 2012 at 10:29 AM · Report this
very bad homo 5
Is he trying for a chance at VP?
Posted by very bad homo on January 31, 2012 at 10:43 AM · Report this
Grrr 6
So I take it that he had no idea what he was doing with Colbert in South Carolina not too long ago either?
Posted by Grrr on January 31, 2012 at 10:46 AM · Report this
Biological clock? So he thinks that all those women in their late 20s and early 30s are freaking out over their MORTALITY?
Posted by Gloria on January 31, 2012 at 10:53 AM · Report this
@4: republicans want to own EVERYTHING. they think it's their capitalist destiny.

uteruses included.
Posted by deepconcentration on January 31, 2012 at 11:27 AM · Report this
pg13 9
I wonder if Herman saw "The Ides of March" and thought, "OH! So THAT'S how I become Secretary of State!"
Posted by pg13 on January 31, 2012 at 11:39 AM · Report this
disintegrator 10
Correct!
Posted by disintegrator on January 31, 2012 at 1:11 PM · Report this
Huh, well for what it's worth, I always assumed "biological clock" referred to any number of biological processes that eventually must stop, and that a woman's child-bearing years was just one of the most common applications of it. Seems like really picking on a dumb nit to me.

But Herman is a lunatic dumbass, so don't let me stop you.
Posted by beef rallard on January 31, 2012 at 2:46 PM · Report this