Happening now, streaming right here, and at this very moment featuring the testimony of Ken Hutcherson.
Wondering how it's all going to go down in the house, and what happens after that? Right here.
My employees have orders to pull bids for biracial married clients, and not to bid on any work in the future for anyone who is in a biracial marriage.
I won't hire a biracially married person, nor do business with a firm I know to have biracially married employees or management. I've already let two firms know this, and why our business relationship is severed.
I won't lease rental units to biracially married couples. I have 2 such tenants at the moment, and their leases won't be renewed.
See, when what was asked was mutual tolerance for each others lifestyle choices, I was and am happy to grant that. When what's demanded is special citizen status for biracially married people, a place in which 3% of the popululation demands their 'right' to set terms for the remaining 97% that is simple war on their own culture. I didn't ask for that war, but I won't accept defeat in it either.
Law is supposed to serve the good of the majority in a representative democracy, not the whinings of a self selecting minority.
Xtian- Someone who espouses the Christian faith in a way I don't like. Esp. someone who realizes that in a democracy voting for a candidate whose personal and faith values you share is entirely your right. Curiously, replacing the Christ with an 'X' is construed by those who use this mysterious term as some sort of vague insult.
Any law is going to negatively impact someone, somewhere. The Constitution provides boundaries on who can be impacted, and protects certain things like free expression or criminal civil rights. But we don't alter the burglary laws because a few percent of the population are negatively impacted by imprisonment. And we shouldn't change the marital laws because a few percent won't choose relationships that work within them.
Civil Code of Outer Slobovia, §32.17.239(a): No citizen shall jump, leap, or otherwise cast himself into a pit, trench or hole containing live velociraptors. The punishment for any infringements of the preceding shall consist of being cast into a wading pool of capacity no greater than 100 gallons filled with lime-flavored gelatin.
Want great deals and a chance to win tickets to the best shows in Seattle? Join The Stranger Presents email list!
All contents © Index Newspapers, LLC
1535 11th Ave (Third Floor), Seattle, WA 98122
Contact Info |