Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Monday, March 5, 2012

"Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!"

Posted by on Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:05 PM

blue-velvet43.jpg
  • MGM

Blue Velvet! Tonight at Central Cinema, 9:30 p.m.

According to IMDb trivia: Several of the actors who were considered for the role of Frank found the character too repulsive and intense. Dennis Hopper, by contrast, is reported to have exclaimed, "I've got to play Frank. Because I am Frank!"

Vince 1
I fell in love with Isabella Rossellini when I saw this film.
Posted by Vince on March 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM · Report this
I hated that movie. Intensely. Maybe 20 (?) years is long enough to give it a second chance?
Posted by Bandit on March 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM · Report this

Suave.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on March 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM · Report this
sikandro 4
Tempting...if I hadn't watched it twice last month and already planned on Mulholland Drive tonight.
Posted by sikandro on March 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM · Report this
Bub 5
I wish they were double-billing Blue Velvet with The River's Edge. The two films represent the peak of Dennis Hopper's memorably eccentric characters.
Posted by Bub on March 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 6
Awesome movie. Highly recommended.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on March 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM · Report this
I still remember seeing the open casting call for extras in the Wilmington Star many years ago. Wilmington NC was the perfect backdrop for the weirdness of Blue Velvet.
Posted by Mr. Happy Sunshine on March 5, 2012 at 2:13 PM · Report this
Jaymz 8
Blue Velvet has been simmering on my DVR for months now, waiting for the right moment, when I'm in that.... mood. Hard to watch when Portlandia and Desperate Housewives keep shocking me with Kyle as an old man!
Posted by Jaymz on March 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM · Report this
One of the all time greatest movie quotes!
Posted by Daniel K on March 5, 2012 at 10:05 PM · Report this
DAVID LYNCH has never been better. This brilliant film works on so many levels. I remember seeing it at The Broadway for a few midnights in a row, getting free tokes in the bathroom. A wonderful old theater with incredibly weird sight lines; I saw Repo man there, too. Now it's the souless Rite Aide next to some Hello Kitty shop. At least they kept the sign.
Posted by Wild Bill on March 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM · Report this