Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drunks

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kermit the Frog on Colbert

Posted by on Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Two of my obsessions—politics and Muppets—smooshed together for almost four minutes last night. It was glorious:

Meh. I like the Muppets and Colbert as much as the next liberal Muslim commu-atheist Jew Nazi, but that was just a plug for some of that sweet, sweet Disney $$.
Posted by LimeLemminkäinen on March 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 2
Hmmm...

I'm with @1. Love Colbert. Love the Muppets. But this routine... pretty weak. Sorry.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on March 15, 2012 at 1:49 PM · Report this
Yeah, the best part was Kermit's entrance.
Posted by remarkablyadept on March 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM · Report this
That didn't look like Kermit to me. The voice was so-so, but maybe he had a cold. Definitely, though, the moves were a clearly off. Costume and makeup were good, but I'm betting that was a stand-in.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on March 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM · Report this
katrat 5
I love that Colbert waved his hands in the air going "yayyyy!" in a high-pitched voice just like Kermit. Yayyy!
Posted by katrat http://www.kathrynrathke.com/ on March 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM · Report this
I don't think I want Kermit the Frog saying "Santorum".
Posted by Christy O on March 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM · Report this
Karlheinz Arschbomber 7
Le grenouille mange le pamplemousse.
Posted by Karlheinz Arschbomber http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arschbombe on March 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM · Report this
For years, I've been looking for the video of Kermit on The Daily Show. It's brilliant, Kermit is in top form and at one point Jon just shakes his head and says, "I can't beleive it. The frog's running circles around me." Great interview.
Posted by shiftyeyedog on March 15, 2012 at 3:39 PM · Report this
@8 That took all of 5 seconds to find.

Posted by nephari on March 15, 2012 at 4:01 PM · Report this
The video is set to auto-play. Sucky.
Posted by seattlebikeguy on March 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM · Report this