Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drunks

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Starbucks, General Mills, JC Penney, Microsoft, Disney, Apple, The United States Marine Corps...

Posted by on Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:07 PM

...and now Nabisco:

OreoPride.jpeg

It might be simpler if the haters gave us a list of the major companies and civic institutions they're not boycotting.

UPDATE: Whoops. Paul has already posted about this and—typical Paul—he actually has something insightful to say about it. Asshole. Anyway, I'm leaving this up because I like how the whole cookie looks. And, man, with General Mills coming out for marriage equality and Oreo doing this... gay men all over the country are rethinking their opposition to carbs. I'm having a whole box of Honey Nut Cheerios for lunch myself.

Zebes 1
I twist several of them open, carefully extract the green and orange, and layer those in an alternating pattern between two cookies until it's ten layers high.

All you old farts with your single-layer white frosting had it easy.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on June 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM · Report this
Dan. You're legendary with names and with crowdsourcing. Can you please do better than "the haters"? Not even a capital "H"? It's just so middle-school-bloggy. You're a big hitter, there has to be a better way to go.
Posted by Not to hate, but... on June 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM · Report this
How exactly do you boycott the Marines? "I'm a 62-year-old fat-ass bigot and I'm totally gonna quit my job to go join the Air Force! That'll learn them Marine f*ggits!"
Posted by Mr. Happy Sunshine on June 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM · Report this
Rob in Baltimore 4
Right wingnut heads are exploding as the majority of Americans are finally realizing that gay people are not a threat to them.

The Bear Community would go nuts over these if they ever sold them.

Posted by Rob in Baltimore http://www.wishbookweb.com/ on June 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM · Report this
@4 Hell, my kids would go nuts over those. I can't believe they don't already exist.

And they are seriously boycotting the Marine Corps as too pansy-assed for real America? How would one tell? And what did the Marines do to get on the Too Gay List?
Posted by IPJ on June 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM · Report this
Blatant shoop, but I want one.
Posted by K on June 26, 2012 at 12:52 PM · Report this
I see your Pride Oreos and raise you Tops & Bottoms, from Newman's Own Organics: http://www.amazon.com/Newman-2019s-Own-O…

It's much more healthy to go without the cream filling.
Posted by Subdued Excitement on June 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM · Report this
Bigsfrottin 8
I think this could actually be the straw that breaks the gay hating camel's back. Oreos are literally impossible to hate. I've tried to hate them because I want a package to last more than a night or two. But I just keep eating them. If Nabisco could just give a portion of Oreo proceeds to a Marriage Equality organization we'd have it in the bag :D
Posted by Bigsfrottin on June 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM · Report this
bedipped 9
I'd love to have a statement from Ernest J. Keebler on this development. Rainbow Cookie Pie would seem to have something for everyone.
Posted by bedipped on June 26, 2012 at 2:52 PM · Report this
Hyzenthlayk9 10
Love the disclaimer at the bottom: "Made with creme colors that do not exist".

They should exist! Heck, they should work on putting this into production for next year's Pride celebrations.

Actually, some of those "creme colors" do exist already. ;)
Posted by Hyzenthlayk9 http://oystermind.blogspot.com/ on June 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM · Report this
Ophian 11
I gotta go check the NOM blog to read them going into fits about how corporations should stay "neutral" on equal rights.
Posted by Ophian on June 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM · Report this
Damnit, if this keeps up, I am going to be 300 pounds. This is news. Oreos were already gay they came with a top and bottom cemented with cream. old maggie and brian need to look out, I am seeing a new diet trend coming.
Posted by homo in the heartland on June 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM · Report this
I totally want one of those. It looks like somebody pureed a unicorn and stuffed it between two layers of chockie bikkie.
Posted by slinky on June 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM · Report this
rob! 14
@12, I've been giggling at "Double Stuf" Oreos since they first came out. Heh.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on June 27, 2012 at 5:58 AM · Report this
Rainbow fudge recipe.