Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drunks

Monday, July 9, 2012

Romney Beats Obama By Thirty-Five Million in June

Posted by on Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM

As Megan told you this morning, the Romney campaign raised $106 million last month. President Obama only raised $71 million, a gap of 35 million dollars.

I was expecting a fairly large gap in Romney's favor, considering the way the Supreme Court's Obamacare decision reactivated the teabaggy masses, but still. If you're going to vote for President Obama this fall, you really should be donating money to President Obama right now.

I saved my financial info on the Obama site, with the terrifying result that now if I get a funding request email all I have to do is click within the email on the dollar amount I'd like to donate and whoosh! The money is deducted instantly. I don't think I'd be willing to have that setup with anyone else.
Posted by gloomy gus on July 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM · Report this
pfffter 2
Please donate. Even a few dollars will help. It is sad that it has come to this (thanks SCOTUS!), but it is what it is.
Posted by pfffter on July 9, 2012 at 11:12 AM · Report this
kcrobinson 3
That's a much smaller gap than I anticipated. I think those numbers look really good for Obama. There was a fear that Obama would be outspent 10-1 due to Citizens United, but even including the PACs, I don't think they're even going to be outspent 2-1.
Posted by kcrobinson http://www.facebook.com/kcrobinson on July 9, 2012 at 11:18 AM · Report this
TheRain 4
I expect that Mitt will win every single fundraising month from here to the election, then lose by about the same margin that Kerry lost to Bush.
Posted by TheRain on July 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM · Report this
tainte 5
meh, i'd rather buy some records.
Posted by tainte on July 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 6
Sorry, I'll vote for him but I'm not giving another rich guy money to be a corporate tool in the oval office again.
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on July 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM · Report this