Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What Do You Think of the Skyfall Trailer?

Posted by on Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM

After four years of boring behind-the-scenes money-wrangling, James Bond's return is nigh. The first trailer for Skyfall introduces Q and Javier Bardem's bad guy, as well as a bunch of quick-cut action sequences that don't give us much of a hint as to how artsy director Sam Mendes will handle his first straight-up action movie. Here it is:

"We need a villain - price no object!"

"Sign Bardem and slap a wig on him!"
Posted by gloomy gus on July 31, 2012 at 11:49 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 2
Bardem will be 1,000,000,000X better than the clown in the last one.

Posted by Max Solomon on July 31, 2012 at 12:15 PM · Report this
Pick1 4
@3 is your list actually calling Brosnan the best Bond?!

That makes me so sad inside...I don't even know what to say.
Posted by Pick1 on July 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 6
Brosnan was a terrible Bond.

Nobody came close to Connery until Daniel Craig. I don't know that I like Craig better than Connery, but he's definitely the best Bond in decades.

I love Judy Dench. Whoever the new Q is, he's adorable. Bardem is great, even in a bad wig. I will see this movie.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on July 31, 2012 at 2:10 PM · Report this
We need a new Bond and a complete cast update.

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on July 31, 2012 at 2:57 PM · Report this
blowdart 9
I was kinda meh about it, until I saw they trashed a tube train. Having spent 6 years living in London that makes the whole film worthwhile.
Posted by blowdart on July 31, 2012 at 3:11 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 10
It must be said that for some of us of a certain age, I've seen nearly every Bond movie ever made, during its initial theater run (except maybe the first couple of them). Bond movies are now more-or-less an institution in my life. I would be hard-pressed to skip one unless it was truly terrible. I will happily go to even a mediocre Bond movie, just because it's part of the franchise.

For those of you younger Sloggers who didn't grow up and spend the last 40+ years watching Bond movies, I can understand if you are not addicted... yet.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on July 31, 2012 at 4:07 PM · Report this
Sorry haters, Daniel Craig has breathed new life into an old franchise. LOVE LOVE LOVE Dame Judy too- but this trailer- I'm too freaked out by a blonde Bardem to handle it.
Posted by Duvall-ite on July 31, 2012 at 4:30 PM · Report this
Hubby loves James Bond (has them all on DVD) so I know I'll see this movie. Hope it's good.
Posted by Patricia Kayden on July 31, 2012 at 5:51 PM · Report this
Holy effing crap! Will MI6 please bring back Sigmund Georgeivich Rosenblum???

Now there was a real secret agent -- this guy Craig is a putz --- and that new "M" or tart or whatever that Dame what's-her-face is supposed to be --- sounds like a geriatric early onset Alzheimer's case.
Posted by sgt_doom on July 31, 2012 at 5:54 PM · Report this
Xenos 14
Quantum primarily suffered from poor editing, I felt like there was a decent film rattling around in there. Too bad we didn't get to see it.
Posted by Xenos on July 31, 2012 at 6:16 PM · Report this
Ipso Facto 15
I'll only see this if Queen Elizabeth parachutes in at some point, perhaps mowing down the bad guys with a machine gun and wearing a Union Jack bikini and a bobby's hat?

Is it just me, or does Javier Bardem look like he is extremely embarrassed about his hair?
Posted by Ipso Facto http://therealnews.com on August 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM · Report this