Slog

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Friday, August 3, 2012

Here Come the Birthers Again

Posted by on Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Yes, please! More like this:

We just have no idea what Barack Obama is like! Can you imagine if he was president for four years, what he would do to this country? He would have us schooled in madrassas and then ship us off to Kenya as slaves! If this guy became president, America would be utterly unrecognizable at the end of his first term. WE JUST HAVE NO IDEA WHO HE IS OR WHAT HE BELIEVES.

The Democrats should pay to schedule this ad in every swing state. It makes the Republicans look out-of-touch and delusional. There's not one single person outside of the crazy-ass conservative base who gives a shit about any of this, and most people find it completely repulsive.

Hard to believe it's 2012 and this is the kind of jackass nonsense they put out.

His college records sealed? Everyone's is - it's called privacy.
His legal records seatled? It's called client privacy, morons, and you wouldn't like your legal work with your lawyer summarily unsealed.

No one has seen has birth certificate? I'm sure you can get numerous people in Hawaii to state - on record - they have seen it.

And where he got his Social Security number? Who cares?

If this is all they've, what a relief.

Oh and Romney, put up or shut up yourself - where are those tax return forms?
Posted by westello on August 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM · Report this
I haven't looked at the ad. But look at that photo they chose -- the darkness, the look on Obama's face that could be considered to be scary. Do you really want that ad plastered over the net in swing states? "Independent" voters are dangerous; there's no point in giving them ammunition.
Posted by sarah70 on August 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM · Report this
I could be wrong about this, but doesn't it cost them money every time someone uses that 800 number? Just sayin'.....
Posted by catsnbanjos on August 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM · Report this
Call now and we'll also throw in "9/11 was an inside job", "Black helicopters over Idaho" and the ever popular "Diebold stole the election".

All is and more for only $19.99!
Posted by Do my conspiracies make me look stupid? on August 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 5
HA! This is hilarious! Ranting and raving won't win them an election. But it sure is fun to watch!
Posted by Pope Peabrain on August 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM · Report this
wisepunk 6
@3 I was thinking the same thing. Lets get them to mail us more information too.

"No I don't have an email address, can you mail me that info?"

Get Dan to activate the flying monkeys and look out! We can bleed them, I say.
Posted by wisepunk on August 3, 2012 at 3:33 PM · Report this
"We need 10,000 signatures from every Congressional district to boot this guy off the ballot and have the Democrats nominate someone else!"

Uh, does it even work that way? I was under the impression that political parties have the right to nominate whoever they want for President. That's what happens in a brokered convention, right?
Posted by Zeusifer on August 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 8
Kenya I can accept. But Connecticut?
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on August 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM · Report this
The Third Rail 9
"Apply directly to the forehead! Apply directly to the forehead! Apply directly to the forehead!"
Posted by The Third Rail on August 3, 2012 at 4:06 PM · Report this
It's kind of snappy. "Do it NOW!"
Posted by floater on August 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 11
This voice... it reminds me of something. What is it... @10, indeed, it's like an infomercial.
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on August 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM · Report this
COMTE 12
This is what happens when you give stupid people easy access to large sums of money...
Posted by COMTE on August 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM · Report this
I called the number and added my name to the petition-it was all automated. My new name is "you do know all you people are batshit crazy don't you"
Posted by justalurker on August 3, 2012 at 10:22 PM · Report this
Are you sure The Onion didn't create that?
Posted by N in Seattle http://peacetreefarm.org on August 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM · Report this
-B- 15
Do I get a free set of steak knives too.
Posted by -B- http://brianboulton.com/ on August 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM · Report this
Call now and we'll also send you the steak knives—a $50 value—ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Posted by chris in dk on August 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM · Report this