Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Couldn't Help Thinking of Lindy West's "How to Make a Rape Joke"

Posted by on Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 8:33 AM

One way is to make fun of the GOP's social weltanschauung...

Gus 1
This just isn't funny. I'm a horrible human being, I will laugh at the most vile things, but they have to be funny.

Also, related, the socially acceptable way for liberals to pass around ra it's jokes is to wait for a Republican politician to get caught emailing it, and then pass around the article about that -- everyone just skips down to the racist joke, that little nugget of delightfully offensive humor.
Posted by Gus on August 23, 2012 at 9:44 AM · Report this
attitude devant 2
Resident abortionist and second-wave feminist here: I disagree. It's VERY funny.
Posted by attitude devant on August 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM · Report this
foolish-rain 3
Mr. Deity going at it with his usual subtlety. Unfortunately, nearly all of that script could be direct quotes from the Congressional Record.
Posted by foolish-rain on August 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM · Report this
Allyn 4
I don't think it's funny, either, but I do think it's good satire.
Posted by Allyn on August 23, 2012 at 10:48 AM · Report this
Beetlecat 5
The delivery is pretty funny. ;D
Posted by Beetlecat on August 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM · Report this
It didn't make me laugh, but it gave me a cynical smile. Thanks, RNC!
Posted by shambhaladawa on August 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM · Report this
It didn't make me laugh, but it gave me a warm tingle knowing that it's annoying someone in the GOP right this very minute.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on August 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM · Report this