Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drunks

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Am I Hot or Not?

Posted by on Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Rob McKenna didn't write this.

14934080P_082272419f-magnum.jpg

I am proud to be a redheaded man. Or as a young volunteer called me earlier today, a "ginger." I don't even like ginger, except on Gilligan's Island (right, guys?). But apparently this is a new slang word for redheaded people, and one I'm happy to adopt for my official campaign bio. My lovely wife, Marilyn, obviously thinks ginger guys are the cat's pajamas. But I heard another volunteer snickering that gingers are "gross." I don't know how someone could believe this: I see red hair as nonpartisan. It's not blond and it's not brown. It works across the aisle. When I followed up with this volunteer about her comment, she clarified that some people just don't like ginger pubes. I can take care of that, if it'll pick me up some extra votes! There's a Walgreens across the street. I can't decide what I should do, so I thought I would put it to you, the voters of Washington State. Do you think gingers are hot? Or not? I've read that Slog polls are legally binding (though I've never enforced them as the attorney general!). Ha-ha!

kitschnsync 1
Tim Keck must be so proud.
Posted by kitschnsync on October 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM · Report this
Gay Dude for Romney 2
Everybody knows now: Seattle Times. Stop milking it Dominic.

Time to mature up for the rest of the day staffers!
Posted by Gay Dude for Romney http://mittromney.com on October 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM · Report this
fuck all y'all.
Posted by Adrian Ryan on October 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 4
Rob, what's it like being a post-operative trans-sexual? And why do you hate gay people so much?

And no, red hair only looks good on the guy I seen at Bartell's on Olive yesterday and Prince Harry
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on October 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM · Report this
Uriah Heep 5
Even though I'm the the real Rob McKenna, The Umblest Person Going™, I must in all modesty point out that they made a whole website in honor of ME, not that pathetic impostor:

Posted by Uriah Heep http://www.classicreader.com/book/51/ on October 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM · Report this
Mattini 6
Oh, the joke is that you think he looks funny. Well, at least you guys have dropped pretense of satire.
Posted by Mattini on October 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM · Report this
Female Bill Gates
Posted by wilsong on October 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM · Report this
Revenge! 8
But then there's Michael Fassbender...
Posted by Revenge! on October 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 9
This pig ferker votes hot.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on October 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM · Report this
More, I Say! 10
I love gingers, as a rule. I do not love Rob McKenna. He's a dishwater ginger at best.
Posted by More, I Say! on October 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM · Report this
lizlemon 11
Gingers can be hot. Sadly Rob McKenna, you are not.
Posted by lizlemon on October 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM · Report this
Gingers can be super hot, eg: my bf, Prince Harry, but Rob does not qualify. Sort of looks more like a pasty brown, ughh...
Posted by kylecheez on October 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM · Report this
Absurdist1968 13
Ginger "a new slang word"?

Jeez, how old are you, twelve?
Posted by Absurdist1968 on October 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM · Report this
Occupy Seattle 14
Ginger chicks - hot. Ginger Republican geeks who look like my accountant - not so much. This is getting boring. Don't you have news you need to cover? Like Republicans up to no good?
Posted by Occupy Seattle on October 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM · Report this