Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drunks

Monday, October 8, 2012

Cindy Will Never See This Post

Posted by on Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

She'll never see it because I wrote it on an internet. And Cindy doesn't want The Stranger on an internet. She would prefer the printed version, sent by courier, which she also used to send us this letter with an envelope. Here is the front:

letter1.jpg

And here is the back:

letter2.jpg

Cindy is a little pushy. She'll work out great here.

Posted by unnamed on October 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 2
If she works in your office, she better like funky coffee cups.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on October 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM · Report this
Pushy and delusional? Get her on the masthead! Though as unregistered @1 points out, maybe she is NOT THE ONE:
Ex-lover charged in guard's death
Published Tuesday, September 10, 1996
OLYMPIA (AP) — One day in April, Teresa Marie Shannon told her lawyer she feared her former lover, roommate and co-worker would follow her as she left work, pull alongside the car and shoot her.
Three months later, driving home from her job as a guard at the Washington Corrections Center in Shelton, Shannon was killed by a single shot to the head.
On Friday, an aggravated murder charge was filed against Cindy Boskofsky, the former roommate.
Shannon's fears were detailed in documents submitted by prosecutors in Thurston County Superior Court.
Boskofsky, 30, a former prison guard in Shelton, remained in jail without bail pending arraignment Sept. 16.
She was arrested for investigation of stalking July 16, three days after Shannon, 39, was shot near her home in Lacey.
The two women shared an apartment in Tacoma until the relationship went sour a few months before Shannon was killed, according to documents filed in support of the murder charge.
The documents said Shannon obtained a no-contact order in Pierce County in March but kept receiving telephone calls from Boskofsky, who also followed her — on one occasion almost into the Lacey police parking lot.
Court documents also alleged Boskofsky made death threats to Shannon in the weeks before the shooting, offered someone $10,000 to kill her in June and was quoted as saying, "If I can't have (Shannon), nobody will.
More...
Posted by gloomy gus on October 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM · Report this
I think that she would make a terrific technology reporter.
Posted by PaulBarwick on October 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM · Report this
Mahtli69 5
I hope there's no anthrax.
Posted by Mahtli69 on October 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM · Report this
Well perhaps she is used to limited internet access and having items sent through standard mail channels read by the guards?

Posted by checkavailability on October 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM · Report this
Purocuyu 7
She sounds like a lady who doesn't take no for an answer (especially considering @3). You better make sure she gets that envelope back.
Posted by Purocuyu http://littlevictorygarden.tumblr.com on October 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 8
Cindy bigots.
Posted by Theodore Gorath on October 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM · Report this
very bad homo 9
Why does she need her envelope back?
Posted by very bad homo on October 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM · Report this
wilbur@work 10
Cindy tastes of BBQ. Not.
Posted by wilbur@work on October 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM · Report this
thatsnotright 11
C'mon, be generous, send her all of your used envelopes, it's a form of recycling.
Posted by thatsnotright on October 8, 2012 at 11:37 AM · Report this
Chelydra_serpentina 12
Sentenced to 23 years in 1997, has served around 15. Think she'll be getting paroled soon? I don't know how the math works for "good behavior," etc.

In Gus's Google Books link, she claims the ex was abusive. In the Kitsap Sun link, it says she was stalking the ex. Hmmm... Who to believe, who to believe?
Posted by Chelydra_serpentina on October 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM · Report this
@12: those aren't mutually exclusive.
Posted by doceb on October 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM · Report this
MacCrocodile 14
Seriously, I need my envelope back.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on October 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM · Report this
mikethehammer 15
What's with the two lines (blank spaces?) over her name?
Posted by mikethehammer on October 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 16
@3 Yep, she'll fit right in.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on October 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM · Report this
She "would also would" be fun for your editors.
Posted by NotYourStrawMan on October 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM · Report this
She got a hold of an old issue of Writer's Digest, I think. My dad bought me an subscription for Christmas one year when I was in college because he was trying to be supportive of me changing my major from pre-med to English. This is exactly the kind of prospecting letter they said to write. She probably sent exactly the same thing to dozens of newspapers.
Posted by Sheryl on October 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM · Report this
"those aren't mutually exclusive."

Oh give me a fucking break, which one is more common?
Posted by all stalkers view their prey as spurning abusively on October 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM · Report this
@11: Operation Send Cindy Envelopes go go go!
Posted by suddenlyorcas on October 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM · Report this
@15: I don't know, but their baby is hanging out by the greeting.
Posted by suddenlyorcas on October 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM · Report this
@19: It is entirely possible for two people in a relationship with one another to both be abusive toward one another.
Posted by suddenlyorcas on October 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM · Report this
KingofQueenAnne 23
Is the Public Editor position open?
Posted by KingofQueenAnne http://blingeejesus.blogspot.com on October 8, 2012 at 8:24 PM · Report this
she was my roommate in prison for about 2 weeks, She is crazy as heck and will snap in a second. Mental is being kind to describe her. No parole, has to serve whole sentence.
Posted by coffeegirl on November 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM · Report this
@18 You are correct about her sending out clone letters. I used to help her out by typing them for her but that ended when I tried to edit for grammar, punctuation and rudeness.

@24 boskofsky seemed normal at first. But then I saw her underlying nature, which was manipulative, demanding, unapologetic concerning the murder, and quick to anger. She conned me into writing her girlfriend, international pedophile Barbara Case. She knew I don't write to pedophiles, but when I discovered what Case had done and confronted Boskofsky about it, she blew up and threatened me. She is a murderously inclined menace. I still cringe remembering her letter where she describes shooting Shannon, a seated, unarmed person, and feels proudly about it.
Posted by sindjinn on November 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM · Report this
What prison is she currently at?
Posted by Lumpy on January 27, 2013 at 3:59 PM · Report this
I dated Cindy back in High School. She was a bit of a bully even back then. I'm just glad that I got out before the killing began. YIKES! :-0
Posted by ifihavetopullthiscarover on March 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM · Report this
I used to work at a magazine that received letters from her. Someone made the mistake of replying to her, then we couldn't get rid of her.

She writes about petty complaints against the prisons (eg, the toothpaste is "too hard"); she is moved from prison to prison because she used to be a prison guard and supposedly she is in danger because of that.

She believes she is superior to her fellow inmates, describing them as ignorant, manipulative low-lifes. Most of her letters were extremely demanding, wanting our readers to send her various things. Oh, and looking for penpals/girlfriends.

Her letters were kind of good for a laugh but, trust me, you get tired of her delusional nonsense after awhile.

Posted by Chinos on August 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM · Report this
@ 24 and 25 I also knew her from prison. She is pure evil. Plain and simple. She seemed proud of her crime and would make fun of me for ' my little tax trouble' as she called it. I'm just waiting to see where she catches another charge in there.
Posted by sweetKitty on August 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM · Report this