Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Please Enjoy the New Issue of The Stranger

Posted by on Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM

We're observing Slog silence from now until 11 a.m. while we have an editorial meeting, but look—we made an entire paper's worth of stuff for you!

cover-400__3_.jpg

How to Talk About Marriage Equality: The Informative Comic by David Schmader and David Lasky

A Catholic, a Muslim, and a Mormon Walk into a Marriage-Equality Campaign...: Referendum 74 Is Drawing Support from Corners You Might Not Expect by Brendan Kiley

Guerrrilla Army: City Hall Is Frowning on the People Who Are Painting Seattle Pink by Cienna Madrid

"Fearless, Totally Ready to Look Ugly": 40-Plus Years On, Faust Are Still Keeping Krautrock Weird by Dave Segal

Read EVERYTHING here!

I am probably displaying my extreme unhipness here, but ...

I've been seeing this couple EVERYWHERE lately. Who are they?
Posted by beef rallard on October 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM · Report this
Jenny from the Block 2
@1 They're a part of the Seattle burlesque scene.
Posted by Jenny from the Block on October 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 3
Must have used up the guest review budget on Rob McKenna?
Posted by ArtBasketSara on October 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM · Report this
If/when I get married, I totally wanna wear a tux (m'a girl)
Posted by ThetaSigma on October 10, 2012 at 11:37 AM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 5
Women in tuxes, suits, ties = hot! Add a fake mustache and I'll swoon...
Posted by ArtBasketSara on October 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM · Report this
Lou Henry Hoover 6
Hi! Lou here... (the one in the suit)

@1 We are Kitten LaRue and Lou Henry Hoover of The Atomic Bombshells AND DeLouRue Presents (which creates such productions as Homo for the Holidays! and Freedom Fantasia, and throws such parties as Party Schmarty). I am also one half of The Cherdonna and Lou Show, and Kitten is a Stranger Genius Award winner with her band The Intelligence!

@5 Here's the stache: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lou-Henry-…
Posted by Lou Henry Hoover on October 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 7
@6 Swoon... Though I can't say pencil thin is my taste; prefer thick and curling up at the ends but beggars can't be choosers... ;)
Posted by ArtBasketSara on October 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM · Report this