Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Who You Calling a Fag?

Posted by on Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Homophobic brother goes there and gets learnt...

Sometimes people have to learn the hard way that this homophobic shit is just getting tired.

Pick1 1
Like the video of westboro protestor getting tackled by a vet...this made me smile, then made me think "Shame on you for smiling."

I try not to delight in violence but good God can it be cathartic at times.
Posted by Pick1 on October 17, 2012 at 12:30 PM · Report this
Foggen 2
I don't think the response was quite as enlightened as you make it out to be.
Posted by Foggen on October 17, 2012 at 12:49 PM · Report this
This is just the Chick-fil-A's coming home to roost.
Posted by GermanSausage on October 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM · Report this
Yeah, did you consider the possibility that folks just thought being called a fag was just about the worst thing to be called.

Folks definitely thought it was crossing some line but I'm not sure is was the line that you thought it was Charles.
Posted by jnonymous on October 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM · Report this
Yes, because nothing says "progress" like 3 or 4 people beating on one person as he lies on the ground.

Posted by LJM on October 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM · Report this
@1, do you have a link? I wouldn't mind seeing that.
Posted by moosefan on October 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 7
#4 Yeah I agree wid you. Faggot is THE most egregious of insults.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on October 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM · Report this
Hey, they were civil and charitable.... his head was a target rich environment for a boot and NO ONE kicked him. He wasn't hurt, just properly bitch slapped a bit.... BTW, FTR, I am older, white and straight... loved it...;-D
Posted by pupuguru http://www.godsweed.org on October 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM · Report this
reverend dr dj riz 9
how did that line go in 'gods and monsters ?, " you missed nothing. just a couple of guys slapping each other with lillies."
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on October 17, 2012 at 1:22 PM · Report this
Did he "Get learnt" or did they reinforce that being gay is a bad thing?
Posted by darkmane on October 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM · Report this
Geni 11
Looks to me like the asshole went in there looking for a fight. I mean, if he didn't like the clientele when he looked around, instead of throwing a big hissy, why didn't he just, I dunno, LEAVE?
Posted by Geni on October 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM · Report this
stirwise 12
I'd argue that he got slapped around a bit for being a dickhead. "Who you calling a fag" is less about "it's bad to be a fag" and more about "who are you to come in here and insult people," with the understanding that he is using "faggot" in the pejorative sense.
Posted by stirwise on October 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM · Report this
I wish Mudede would properly cite his articles. Where did this happen and what is the link for more info on this story? It is a minor gripe I have with pretty much all of his writing.
Posted by fotoeve on October 18, 2012 at 12:01 AM · Report this
@4-6, I think it pretty clear a couple of the guys are gay, and their straight girlfriends are standing up for them. They're all standing up for each other against a real life troll.
I think this is delightful.
@8 Absolutely! He got off easy. Would have been WAY to easy to kick that face.
Posted by An AAGM on October 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM · Report this