Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drunks

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Walking Dead Chitty-Chat Club!

Posted by on Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Lesson learned from last night's episode? Don't cross Rick, unless you'd like your skull bifurcated with a machete. (Did I use that word right? Bifurcated? Whatever.) Join me after the jump for my thoughts, your thoughts, and lots of spoilery spoilers about last night's episode of The Walking Dead! LET'S GET TO CHITTY-CHATTIN'!

Dont cross my bow... amirite? Thankyew! Ill be here all week.
  • Courtesy AMC
  • "Don't 'cross' my bow... amirite? Thankyew! I'll be here all week."

So here's what I'm thinking about season three, episode 2: "Sick"...

1) Man, isn't moving into a new neighborhood the WORST? Especially if there's a neighborhood association—led by the DUMBEST prisoner ever! Instead of welcoming the gang with apple cobbler, the five remaining inmates act like complete dicks to the gang, while Farmer Drunky "One-Leg" McDoctor is rushed back to the cell block to become even more of a liability—if that's possible.

2) Lori tries to convince Rick she's not a shitty wife by giving him the go-ahead to murder all the prisoners. "Yeah, honey... I'll take that under advisement."

3) SERIOUSLY, guys! We don't need Farmer McDrunky around anymore! Mostly because Carol has completed her online doctoring courses—AND got extra credit for practicing her C-section unit on a female zombie! (YUM! Who wants pudding? Oh, maybe it's the weirdo peeking at Carol through the trees!)

4) Carl... first of all, get a haircut... second of all, don't be a reckless dick... third of all, don't be a goddamn crybaby when mom scolds you for being a reckless dick... and fourth... hmmm.... what was fourth? OH YEAH! Fourth, thanks for getting all those medical supplies and saving McDrunky's life.

5) Those prisoners are the WORST zombie killers ever! HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!! But they sure are entertaining. However, entertainment only takes one so far (as I know all too well), and Rick finally gets bored of it when the prison ringleader tosses an open-mouthed zombie on him. How does the gentle Rick respond? BIFURCATION TIME! (Lori would be so proud. Sniff!)

6) Rick repays another prisoner by locking him into the yard with a bunch of walkers (Chow time!), but lets the last two live... at least until he feels like doing a little more bifurcating.

7) Farmer McDrunky momentarily dies, Lori brings him back to life, and he returns the favor by trying to French her?!? PERVERT. Later he momentarily awakes to grab Rick's hand—his way of saying thanks for hacking off his leg?!? Farmer McDrunky is fucking WEIRD.

8) The episode ends with Lori and Rick taking a private moment to not talk. (She's like Mitt Romney... a lot more likable when her mouth is shut.) But all in all, a good day, right? After all... BIFURCATION!

9) I like gore, so I liked this episode—plus it had a couple of nice shockers, too! Looks like we get to spend some time next week with Michonne, Blondie McGunnerson, and... oh, top o' the mornin', GUVNAH! Tell me what you thought in the comments, and see you next week!

Hes got one less leg! Why is he so HEAVY??

Joe Szilagyi 1
I've already had to explain to several people that you can't "CPR a dead person back to life", let alone electrical paddle, steroids or whatever in the heart Pulp Fiction style, people pulled freezing from water, etc. That's certain systems failing. Dead is different and irrevocable. Once you're dead, you're dead. That's it, in real life, and that's when you go full zombie in a minutes to 8 hours, as good old Doctor Jenner explained to us in season one.
Posted by Joe Szilagyi http://www.zombo.com on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 AM · Report this
Summerisle 2
What was the point of this again? You lost me after the first sentence.
Posted by Summerisle http://www.facebook.com/biggieJ?ref=name on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM · Report this
I don't know if the actress that plays Lori is an excellent actress or if she is just naturally a very unlikeable person, because I hate Lori with a passion. Every time she's on screen I just want her to be slowly eaten by zombies and have that be an entire episode of the Walking Dead.
Posted by BrownBear on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM · Report this
The producers were REALLY teasing us with the whole Lori giving Hershel mouth-to-mouth thing - they know every audience member pretty much wanted zombie Hershel to bite her face off RIGHT THEN AND THERE.
Posted by MLM on October 22, 2012 at 11:42 AM · Report this
I like this season much better than the last one. Rick is much more appealing when he's doing more killing and less speechifying. But i don't get why Carl still just roams around without supervision. At least Lori acknowledged that maybe this is a little strange.
Posted by alexandria on October 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM · Report this
LEE. 6
@3

I get the feeling she's an unlikeable person overall. or that's the roles she's attracted to, or typecasted as. right before Walking Dead began, she was a guest star on House as a patient and I felt completely unsympathetic to her character. despite being a probably okay wife and mother who made a bad choice or two.

all that said, I don't really want Lori to die. Rick is already a shell of a character at this point and her death wouldn't really help matters.
Posted by LEE. on October 22, 2012 at 2:05 PM · Report this
laterite 7
I almost felt the tiniest twinge of sympathy for Lori after her talk with Rick at the end of the episode.

"We're all grateful for what you've done." *pats Lori's shoulder*

Stone cold, brother. Stone cold.
Posted by laterite on October 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM · Report this
Lori is a slut.

Rick keeps her around for the kid but he is growing up fast.

Lori won't be needed much longer.
Posted by her, or her bastard spawn either on October 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM · Report this