Slog

and Drunks

Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Continues to Ravage Seattle

Posted by on Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM

sandyweather.JPG
  • My iPhone

"Hurricane Sandy" being the nickname of the fellow crouching to poo behind that tree on the left.
Posted by gloomy gus on October 29, 2012 at 2:19 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 2
Too many earthquakes around us lately. Just sayin'.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on October 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM · Report this
Fifty-Two-Eighty 3
Naw, Gus, I think you're mistaken. I'm pretty sure that guy's Sgt. Doom.
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on October 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM · Report this
mayor 4
schadenfreude
Posted by mayor on October 29, 2012 at 3:02 PM · Report this
I guess this is supposed to be funny? "Look how great it is in Seattle, while people may be dying across the country. Seattle is awesome!"
Posted by carnivorous chicken on October 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM · Report this
dnt trust me 6
Peabrain, you said it with seconds to spare. The very latest report on Sandy has it that the phrase "just sayin" has been wiped out of existence, never to be heard from again.
Posted by dnt trust me on October 29, 2012 at 3:09 PM · Report this
@3, yes, you're right, I see he's pooed much of it in bold.
Posted by gloomy gus on October 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM · Report this
biffp 8
@1, but the shit on the Hill don't stink. Just ask the Stranger staff.

@6, that would be one happy outcome. If a giant wave were to suck Chris Christie out to sea, that would be finale to his holding a press conference to tell people the role of govt doesn't extend to helping you in the time of crisis.
Posted by biffp on October 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 9
Good thing we have the Wayback Machine.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on October 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM · Report this
Rob in Baltimore 10
I'm just hoping I don't get any serious damage to my house or car. In hurricanes past I've not lost power, fingers crossed. Some folks around here have gone without electricity for over a week. The storm is just getting started. We've got 36 hours more to go. I picked up a nice Chardonnay on the way home from work. (I've got to go back to work in the morning in what will likely be some of the worst the storm has to offer.)
Posted by Rob in Baltimore http://www.wishbookweb.com/ on October 29, 2012 at 3:23 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 11
misleading. you picked the only 10 minutes it hasn't been shitty todya.
Posted by Max Solomon on October 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 12
@10 I'd be worried most about falling trees. That's just something I find most dangerous. I know flooding is worse but a few years ago we had a bad wind storm and here on the hill there were a dozen trees around us smashing houses and cars. It was terrifying to see.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on October 29, 2012 at 3:43 PM · Report this
LEE. 13
@5

We're also highfiving each other while "Empire State Of Mind" plays in the background.
Posted by LEE. on October 29, 2012 at 3:54 PM · Report this
bedipped 14
@7 I saw your namesake book in an antique store last Friday. I didn't know you had a namesake book. Thank you much for your bold comments. Long May You Gloom.
Posted by bedipped on October 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM · Report this
Sandiai 15
Just lost power in my Arlington, VA high-rise. The roaring and howling is pretty unnerving, and it just goes on and on. Time to hit the bottle and whatnot.
As to the title of the post, often we have better weather than you-all, so I don't begrudge Seattle its dry clear skies this evening.
Love,
the nice "Sandy"
Posted by Sandiai on October 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM · Report this
WE HAZ ALL UR RANES! NO MOAR WATER 4 U! PHLBPHLBTT!

-- EEST COAZT
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on October 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM · Report this
Goddess chicken....way to kill some much needed smiles, I bet your one of the ones that think the world is end next month too
Posted by Nydia on October 29, 2012 at 4:49 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 18
@16 - Once again, Brooklyn is late to the game and trying too hard. Whatever, we had too much rain before it was cool.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on October 29, 2012 at 4:49 PM · Report this
biffp 19
C'mon Billyburg keep up. We have beer in cans that requires a tool to open (like it used to 50 years ago before pop tops).
Posted by biffp on October 29, 2012 at 5:34 PM · Report this
Rob in Baltimore 20
Oooh, she's been a bitch tonight.
And by bitch I mean this rain
Posted by Rob in Baltimore http://www.wishbookweb.com/ on October 29, 2012 at 6:31 PM · Report this
Allah the mercyfull Save You All , Mother Nature is well controled by the creator " Our God, the mighty and mercifull.
Posted by alkaseh on October 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM · Report this
Confluence 22
Seattlelites are such pussies, they wouldn't be able to handle it. They break out the A/C at 80 degrees and freak out at the sight of flurries. A bunch of wussy whiners, these people.
Posted by Confluence on October 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM · Report this
Death toll of 26, so far. Hope the weather's great in Seattle!
Posted by carnivorous chicken on October 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM · Report this