Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drunks

Thursday, November 1, 2012

KING5/SurveyUSA Poll Also Finds Inslee and R74 Slightly Ahead

Posted by on Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 1:36 PM

The Washington Poll isn't the only poll released today showing a small lead for Jay Inslee and a bunch of initiatives.

A new KING5/SurveyUSA poll finds Inslee leading Rob McKenna 47-46 in the governor's race. R-74 (same-sex marriage) is ahead 52-43, and I-502 (marijuana legalization) leads 56-37. The survey of 555 likely voters was conducted October 28-31, and has a margin of error of 4.2 percent.

Yes, the governor's race is well within the margin of error, so on it's own, it's hard to even call that a lead. But it's not on it's own. Combined with the Washington Poll, it's safe to say that Inslee is clinging to a very small lead.

Geraldo Riviera 1
Unskew that shit for us.
Posted by Geraldo Riviera on November 1, 2012 at 1:50 PM · Report this
I think maybe KING5 tried to include me in that survey. As I recall, a couple of days ago my CallerID said something about KING5, but I didn't pick up. As almost always happens with the dozens of political calls I get, there was no voicemail resulting from that one.

In retrospect, maybe I should have picked up. Depending on who they got instead of me, it might have upped Jay's lead. As well as going against what pollsters see as the "typical" 60-64 year old white male's political outlook.
Posted by N in Seattle http://peacetreefarm.org on November 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 3
@2 had the same problem myself. Not sure what software they are using for the polling, but it seemed to cut out at the beginning of the call.

Ian got called too, but he just ignored it. Can't say I blame him.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on November 1, 2012 at 2:10 PM · Report this
"Its" own, not "it's"(it is) own. Sorry. My pet peeve.
Posted by Typo Nazi on November 2, 2012 at 6:13 AM · Report this
Please learn the difference between "its" and "it's."
Posted by gracioussuburbanliving on November 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM · Report this