Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drunks

Friday, November 2, 2012

Doesn't Look Like the Washington State Supreme Court Is Going to Rule on the 2/3 Majority Requirement Before the Election

Posted by on Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Every Thursday, the high court releases its opinions for the week, and yesterday came and went without a peep regarding League of Education Voters vs. the State of Washington.

Bummer. Not that it's any surprise, though, considering that the justices themselves are elected.

Slog legal analyst Goldy says: "If the court ever does rule on the requirement's constitutionality, they'll find it unconstitutional. Or I'll shave my mustache."

Hanging in the balance.
  • Hanging in the balance.

seandr 1
Nice stache, bro!

Take it from me, though, lose it and grow some mutton chops. Women love mutton chops. Hell, everyone loves mutton chops.
Posted by seandr on November 2, 2012 at 8:55 AM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 2
I'm with you! If they don't find it unconstitutional, I'll do my nails.

And and and I'll check my tire pressure. So there.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on November 2, 2012 at 9:04 AM · Report this
Joe Szilagyi 3
What are the betting odds in the office on how it will turn out, once it's decided later this year or next year?
Posted by Joe Szilagyi on November 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM · Report this
TVDinner 4
Don't listen to seandr. Only straight guys like mutton chops, and they're not going to fuck you.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on November 2, 2012 at 10:40 AM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 5
I had no idea Goldy was one of the Village People!
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on November 2, 2012 at 11:12 AM · Report this
the idiot formerly known as kk 6
Nine lame weenies sitting around the Temple of Justice in Olympia with not a fucking thing to do. They each have at least two clerks, and the number of cases they take on is absolutely minimal. Several commute from Seattle--that's four hours a day in a car, so how much time is left for actually being a Supreme Court Justice? If they were in a private law firm, they'd all be fired in a week.
Posted by the idiot formerly known as kk on November 2, 2012 at 10:23 PM · Report this